water hunting troubles

garviso8

Aug 10, 2014
hialeah fl
Detector(s) used
minelab safari/cz-21 /bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been using my cz 21 at local area beaches here in Miami and getting frustrated to the point of calling it quits ,definitely not as easy as it seems my problem comes on retrieving targets, I listen to the machine ,place the scoop near where I think it is and proceed to dig and dig and dig to no avail how deep is this thing? all this digging muddy's the water to the point that now I can't see a thing ,eventually I get tired and move on. when I manage to get a target it's usually a penny as this machine is not the best discriminator nor does it have a depth meter, add the miles traveled to the beach ,tolls ,refreshments and what not, just to walk away with a few hard earned pennies that I can't probably use because there so corroded. I don't need to make a living off this but would like to see a better treasure to trash ratio sorry to vent but it seems like other people have better experiences doing this any advise on what i'm doing wrong would be appreciated ???

Upvote 0

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to beach hunting!!!! If it was easy everyone would be doing it. You've been given some good advice. I'll only add this - Practice! First on dry sand. Learn exactly
what part of the coil is hitting on the target. Dig everything!!! Then onto water hunting. Practice practice practice!!!!

Also realize that targets in the water move around. You just miss the target with your scoop. So now you zig a little right. Except now the target has fallen in the gynormous hole you dug on the first shot. Another miss and so it goes!!!! It happens to us all. BTW, on the beach, like most of the experienced people here I bat 1000 or close enough. But, speaking for myself, in the water, I'm like maybe a 500 hitter. So you've got plenty of company!!!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure you have it set up right and those are targets? Most targets as you dig if you give it a second they will tend to move to the center of the hole. IF your scoop is to small targets will be pushed out of the scoop as it fills. Pennies can be the worth. Their composition can make them really sound off NEAR the coil and they like to float.
I chase pennies around more than any other coin.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your time and dont be impatient. Good things come to those who wait.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread