🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check out Keen Newport H2...

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have used and enjoyed every step in my Deep See high top zippered boots with a stiff sole. They offer protection for the entire foot.

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have a pair of Crocs Boat Shoes. They were stiff and tough on the wet feet the first few times I wore them. But, I threw them in the boat for whatever whenever. And now that they are broken in, they are a decent boat shoe.

Boat shoes are nice because you can simply rinse them off and wear them into a restaurant.

I just ordered a pair of Reel Legends Mens Atlantic Drainage Boat Shoes from the BeallsFlorida website yesterday. They have a nice small selection of water shoes/boat shoes.

Also check out the boater supply stores for "boat shoes"

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for a high-top hard soled scuba boot. You have a bottom like a tennis shoe, but your foot is protected and its made for being in the water, so no worries about it falling apart because it got wet.

OP
OP
A

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Thanks Jason, sounds about what I’m looking for, I won’t be wearing them to impress anyone. Lol

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jason, sounds about what I’m looking for, I won’t be wearing them to impress anyone. Lol

One bit of advice with them; If you get one with a zipper, be patient when you take them off or even better, take them off under running water. Tiny sand grains love to get in between the teeth and if you walk back to your car you are going to have a hard time getting the zipper down. If you have them underwater or under running water, you can carefully work the zipper up and down and you'll have them off in a minute.

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sandy creeks, get a cheap pair of zippered hard sole SCUBA booties.
I like them because they keep the sand out.
If you're huntin slick rock creeks, you need felt sole booties. So you don't slip and slide.
Something like these:
https://smile.amazon.com/IST-Tall-b...+sole+booties&qid=1558669792&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Not recommending, the first example I found. They do have good reviews.
Rub the zippers every now and then with silicone paste or candle wax. They'll work easier and last longer.

Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The scuba booties are good. Rugged bottom and they stay on regardless of current or surf conditions

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
For sand and shallow water
5FC22461-B6BA-466C-9C70-F2F814C09234.jpeg

For deeper water I like these. Also a good all around beach shoe with hard sole.
788D27C8-28F1-4D36-9BBB-F7D4DBDDAE50.jpeg

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a regular pair of my old tennis shoes, new balance actually, in the lakes, creeks and swimming holes around here, they work great, no problems. Good luck!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mares...... hard bottoms are indeed my choice as well. I use the 6.5..... because they dont smell over time like the thin ones.... and the hard bottom holds up to the scoop.... which can really go thru a pair of shoes quick. AND...... they are reasonably priced.... cheaper than most tennis shoes. Zippers hold up very well even in salt water.

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Been real happy with the Neo Sport , Amazon , Earl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions