Wax Seal..who is it

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this wax seal at a site that is late 1700's to early 1800s with french and English visiting in early 1800s in Ontario. Seems most view here so I thought I would post it here to try to figure out the character. It is likely Fur tra...de and a king maybe?. Any opinions or help would be appreciated. ForumRunner_20121007_171012.pngForumRunner_20121007_171042.pngForumRunner_20121007_171112.pngForumRunner_20121007_181923.png

Upvote 22
wow that CAME OUT GOOFY LOOKING ..LOL ..HMM

Peter Pan ? :P

Ehhh looks more like an Elf ling.

It is a fur trade site so people hare would be here on behalf of the king. Not on a vacation. just not sure

Whoever it is, that is really a great find in very good condition. It would make a really nice addition to any historical collection. Congrats. HH

THATS A HECK OF A FIND, BOY THAT WOULD LOOK GOOD IN A SHOWCASE . ALL AROUND NEEET SEAL .

Beauty of a find, Glenn! Sorry, don't knoow who it is..........Maybe Crusader will know?

Iowa Dale

There is such a variety of wax seals with busts as a motif it may be tough to narrow it down to any particular person; regardless, I've always thought if these as a real prize in detecting. A very good find and the condition is remarkable!

What an awesome find! Found one this year myself. But not as awesome as yours. Congrats!

That's a beauty, one that I've had on the want list for ever.

Congrats on an old piece...Still looking for my first one..

Awesome find, I am going to guess it is some rich dude wearing a wig

Hey. that is a really nice wax seal.It looks to be very fragile,so be very careful when holding it.

What a fantastic find. It looks quite a lot like my aunt Mattie.

First AWESOME FIND !
But as IH pointed out these are pretty much "one-of-a-kind" type things, you know to ID the sender of the letter, so It may not be anyone famous, or maybe it IS someone famous, in any case a great find, and still on my top ten list.

A banner find for me, but as CRU's Silver one diddn't make banner I suspect your's will not either, none-the-less a banner find in my book, and if it was my find I'd think it a banner.

Good luck on any pos. ID.

That is a great relic and in such nice condition. Amazing the glass has remained intact. Congrats on your find!

AWESOME FIND!!!! Congrats. Keep Swinging!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back