NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem here is, I have way too many best finds ???. I have a couple more for you to ogle and drool over. The first is one of Michigan's finest Military Academies that ever was. It was called Michigan Military Academy located at Orchard Lake, it was in existence from 1877 to 1907. A polish order of Catholic's bought the property in 1907. We used to be able to hunt the grounds, before someone went in and tore the place up, leaving holes everywhere, it was the same person I ranted on here before :'(. Anyways, alot of these buttons were found, as well as .45-.70 empties, I found an 1872 -H canadian quarter, some of these buttons, cannon frizzen (sic) old jewelry, primers, etc, etc. Oh, and harly any trash. enjoy....... Not GE

Attachments

• M.M.A. Button.jpg
    M.M.A. Button.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,451
  • backside M.M.A. Button.jpg
    backside M.M.A. Button.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,447
Upvote 0
OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The button is the size of a quarter.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some don't care. I ran across the same situation before. I went to a school in Mississippi one time, and found holes all over the place. I spent more time filling up the holes than hunting. I did go back far a better day though. Love the button. Keep digging.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Dude, you must be talking about St Marys of Orchard Lake. I grew up in the area and never knew there was once a military academy there. Nice finds, there are Native American relics all around that lake as well, and Apple Island would be a great place to detect.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just google Michigan Military Academy, St. Mary's Buildings were The M.M.A. quarters, the parade grounds were between the castle towers and where the mess hall was, it is now used for maintenance storage bldg. There were many black & white photo's on the M.M.A. site........ Have Fun.......Not GE

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Another worth bringing back up.........NGE