WAYBILLS TO EL DORADO

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I AM SURE MOST OF YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS. IT IS KARL VON MUELLERS PAMPHLET ON TREASURE LOCATIONS. THERE WERE SUPPOSE TO BE 5 VOLUMES BUT SOME TREASURE HUNTER THOUGHT HE WAS SELLING TO MUCH INFORMATION SO HE BURNED DOWN KARLS OPERATION WITH ALL THE INFO. THERE ARE NOT MANY OF THESE AROUND AND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE AT A REASONABLE PRICE. I HAVE SEEN THEM FOR OVER $300. I HAPPENED TO HIT AMAZON TONITE AND FOUND ONE FOR $28.95. IT IS NOW MINE. THEY HAVE 3 LEFT BUT THE LOWEST PRICE IS $165.
Has anyone seen this material? I will post some comments on it after I digest it. Might even through some good clues.

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never new it was so rare. I have a few copies of it...your post made me sign up after being a lurker for a while.. I might need to throw a couple of my copies on amazon...hehe

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I think they would sell real fast for $25 each.
You might try the classified here, way down on the index. It will save you 10%

Hay Bigboar, this is a two way street, tell us what's in it.
Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It came in the mail yesterday. It has stories I never heard of and Karl von Mueller had a great reputation. Now you guys that live in these areas may have heard of some of these stories. There was this millionair named Mac Fadden that hid money all over the USA. Some has been found, some is still out there, about $4M worth. They found $200k in Long Island when they tore down a building that he use to own. $100K was found in an ammo. can buried near Arrowhead Springs in southern California. Another $100k was found in the hills above Half Moon Bay in California. His wife knew the areas where he hid the money, but not the exact location. These areas were all over the USA. She published a book listing them.
All the stories include reference material so you can narrow it down even closer.
Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The Devil's Canyon story is very interesting. They were being persued after the robbery. They hid 10 10# gold bullion bars between the upper end of Devils Canyon and Page. They hid the bars under several boulders just before entering Page.If my fast math is correct that is over $15M. Might be worthwile looking. You would have to think like the outlaws and eyeball likely stash places then detect them. Oh, jest send me one of the bars, that will be fine. LOL Frank

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey again, I got a chance to get my other copies out of storage today. thought I would post a pic so people can see what it looks like...

Attachments

• book2.jpg
    book2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 733
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Has anyone followed up on any of these stories?

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to try to start reading mine within a few days, so I will get back to you on my thoughts of the book...

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KVM was a good writer and possible researcher. Do you really think he visited all of these sites and wrote those stories from personal experience. You need to remember that when he was out and about roads and communications were not as good then as now. He also he wrote by hand or typewriter not on a computer.

The authenticity of KVM's story is probably good background, but as far as him having visited those sites you will probably be in for an experience when you get there. The same is true for most of the other prolific writers out there who have such a good reputation. They make their treasure through the distribution of their books for a price. I've tracked down a lot of locations that story writers had written about and generally the topography is nothing like the story.

KVM's books are a good read, but just do the basic research on the location you are going to before you get there. The great thing about running down these story leads is that its fun, let's you imagination run a little wild, and you get the opportunity to be out with Mother Nature for a while. If you find anything, that just makes the experience a whole lot nicer.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Econimer, point well taken. I believe he worked from personal interviews and old maps. It would really do no good to visit each location because they have changed as the stories happened many years before. His job was to present the story as fatefully as possible for a starting point for you. You have to start somewhere and that is what these stories are for. if they had X marks the spot you would find a hole there. Frank

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
"...and X never, ever marks the spot."

"Uh, X marks the spot." <shrug>

2 quotes from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The X on even a small map can cover square miles, and would take years to cover with a detector well.

Getting a firm lead, whether it be a historical book, biography, or grandpa's diary, is still only a lead. Welcome to the world of research. And in Indiana Jones movies, the X is not the end, just the beginning.

How do you research a lead? You must research and document the 5 W's: Who, What, Where, When, Why. For simplicity, give each W 20%. Too many people start their searches with only 30-40% of the necessary information to find the treasure. I prefer to start in the 70-80% range, and even then you may research for another year. Or more.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Forget the numbers game! You only have to justify it in your own mine. Here's what you need.
Did the event really happen?
Did the people mentioned really live at the time of the event and can be placed in the area?
Did the treasure really exist and was it at that place at that time?
Can the location be found on a map?
Is the location accessable?

With proper answers to these, go for it. Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Forget the numbers game! You only have to justify it in your own mine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote Tuberale]
Sorry. Can't. Don't have a mine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dictionary:mine-meaning belonging to me.

Guess I will have to agree with you on this one.
Frank

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in NC but its a lot of money for me to purchase one of these is there any stories from NC in it? mainly western NC?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I live in NC but its a lot of money for me to purchase one of these is there any stories from NC in it? mainly western NC?

neo, That post was from 2011!!!!
But you are lucky, I am still here. Here's a source book for you. NC is listed in Vol.#7 of the United States Treasure Atlas by:Thomas P. Terry. You can usually pick up the separate volumes on Amazon for a reasonable price.
There's plenty to look for in western NC. The Cherokee Indians closed the entrances to many silver mines one had 20 mule loads of silver inside around Nantahala Gorge. There are ghost towns to hunt like Brady, 14 miles due north of Murphy. There are more listings than you have time to search. Good luck. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions