" WE ALL DIG OUR OWN HOLES"

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" when the detector becomes and extension of your arm and the arm and extension of your heart, maybe its time to also slow down and unearth that negative feeling inside to restore your soul"

We have a thirst for knowledge, we have a passion for not only our country and its natural and 'metallic" history but we also do our homework. We study, we live, we read, and we respect and live by the rules of proper preparation by research for our future discovery. Supplies of 9 volts, aaa's, aa's (until you realize the economic value of a rechargeable battery system). We look outside and realize it's raining cats and dogs tonight but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny with a slight south southwest breeze. All we can think about is how great the conductivity of the soil will be and the relic rifle should penetrate the soil and debris areas at an above normal response level.

Here in this article i do not wish to bleed the feelings of a treasure hunter/relic hunter/fossil hunter/coin shooter ect or all of the above as i am (lol). Nor do i care whether or not you use a Whites v3, Mine Lab GPX, Fisher 75, Tesoro, or a Teknetics brand detector. Whatever suits you is what's important. Anyway, i only wish to release my inner passion for not just history but also for the sake of the future. After all , no matter what you might think, the past always holds the keys to the future. So with that said i would like to move nearer to my whole motivation for this article (which by the way is the first article I have ever written) which is meant for the true adventurer who seeks the sole satisfaction in every aspect of their life including social life, relationships,family but has a bit of trouble finding that balance as I do. To be honest I am not even sure i want to find the balance!lol. Okay, maybe i do.

I am a single 35 year old male that officially has the infamous "treasure bug". I will say that my social life has depleted a bit at my own choice and doing I guess. It is pretty sad when you either retract plans that were made for a hot date night, or choose not to go have a beer with friends all because you are in the process of researching and preparing for your next adventure which for me requires a good amount of extensive reading at times to be successful. Or at least know that i have made proper preparations to at least put myself in a positive position to perhaps capture success. I am fairly new to the metal detecting hobby but i have quickly learned that it entails executing many if not more of the same principles of research as fossil hunting and Native American artifact hunting/recovery.
I have it so bad that when i leave my office today and arrive at my house, I will head to my home office to read up on the battle of Hanover Courthouse and then walk outside my door to see if I can unearth any of the 28th NC or 25th NY civil war relics. I wonder sometimes if it is almost sad that i even know such details about an area or areas. (lol). I am human so therefor i make my fair share of mistakes, I have feelings and I have regrets. I have blown relationships with women because i have been told at times i can be a bit selfish (which I am far from). My last relationship could have been so great but I sat and watched it come apart like an Infantry Button I once recovered. I chose to carefully take focus on that item and initiated steps that resulted in the button to become almost fully restored but apparently I chose to close and fill the hole on "us" maybe prematurity before I re checked the signal.

In closing, i would just like to thank anyone that read this. If you have a similar situation all i can further add is that from my adventures and relic hunting experiences I can 100 percent say that it has brought out some great quality's in me.It has helped me to break some bad habits as well.................... but please just remember one thing " We All dig Our Own Holes"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread