Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbors, Jeff and Laura, are 2 of the nicest people in the town of Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania.
Jeff asked me to put together a metal detector package that he could give Laura as a gift. Well we settled on the XP DEUS. Add the Lesche digger & Sampson shovel, a Garrett Carrot, an Andy Sabisch book, with an XP hat, and we're good to go.
I have been working with Laura over the past few weeks, using my DEUS, and now hers. Yesterday, Jeff, who is a well digger, got us permission to hunt on one of his client's properties. Besides being a Bed & Breakfast, the 300 acre property has 2 farmhouses that were built in the 1840's. The owner has allowed others to metal detect on his property and last week a hobbyist recovered an 1832 large cent.
Last night,, I gave Laura a program that has been productive for me. We hit a few areas for about 2 hours and she did pretty good. All of the coins are clad but her discipline to not dig trashy targets is excellent. She has been making the decision to dig or not to dig. I have been doing the digging but soon Laura will be doing that too. She is almost ready.

Attachments

• 20170824_201739.jpg
    20170824_201739.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Upvote 11

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was quite a gift. Nice work!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sounds like she is well on her way, awesome setup and awesome help

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, can I call ya' dude?:laughing7: You are settling in way better than you expected I reckon. Great neighbors and even picking up the treasure seeking obsession. Sounds like a dream come true buddy. Great friendships being developed and sharing in the fun and relaxation of treasure hunting. Life is GOOD!:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread