We dont believe it

buckanear

Oct 27, 2009
We don't believe it

Chatty teller at one dump bank informed me the armored car guy says we send back the same halves that have been searched every time so you won't find any silver.Told her I still find silver and didn't believe it.She stated he also said the federal reserve sorts off the silver.I replied I'd heard this before and did not buy it.Do know she doesn't like having to change bags so limit 500$ dumps.The free coin counter in there lobby does sort silver.She gives it away.Once when dumping halves I got back a 68 ken I missed.Did not tell her I search Garda mostly and dump where Brinks collects.HH

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: We don't believe it

Basically, she doesn't know what she is talking about.
HH
enamel7

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006

My opinion is she is attempting to discourage you from doing what you like or love to do for whatever reason she has lazyness, greed, take your pick. I say keep on searching, things that make us happy are worth fighing for, not literally but you know what I mean.Thanks and Good Luck. Dennis.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ya sounds like she is just trying to give you some misinformation to discourage you.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other

To be honest, I think that a lot of tellers are genuinely trying to help. Most of them think we date sort every single coin and that searching $500 halves takes all night rather than half an hour. They simply don't understand the hobby.

OP
OP
buckanear

buckanear

Oct 27, 2009

You are correct on the search time idea.I have tellers who think this is all I do.One stated this must be a full time job for you.

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

at least she is a clueless teller and not a well educated one lol....well, seemingly clueless...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread