We dont need no stinking metal detectors!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
We don't need no stinking metal detectors!

When you're hot, you're hot! I eyeballed this 10 feet from the edge of my driveway early this morning as I was walking the dog. I put it in my pocket thinking it was one for the clad jar. A few minutes ago I was about to toss it into the jar and I checked the date...and :o 1961 D! I think it may have washed up from under the sidewalk, as I have found quite a bit of silver on my lawn in the past.

003.JPG
004.JPG

Upvote 0

CladMagnet

Oct 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: We don't need no stinking metal detectors!

Neil in West Jersey said:
When you're hot, you're hot! I eyeballed this 10 feet from the edge of my driveway early this morning as I was walking the dog. I put it in my pocket thinking it was one for the clad jar. A few minutes ago I was about to toss it into the jar and I checked the date...and :o 1961 D! I think it may have washed up from under the sidewalk, as I have found quite a bit of silver on my lawn in the past.
took up this hobby about 3 months ago dug 8376 holes found alot of cool stuff ih lg cents flintlock barrels but still no silver coins and you just reach down and pick one up...PERFECT... LOL

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yeah, just need the detectors for the $3,500 ones. :wink:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

NICE! i got a 1926 buffalo tearing up old linoleum yesterday :tongue3:

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Iron Patch said:

;D

Still waiting for him to cough up the dough. He started asking questions after the fact..>" Can I return it if I am not satisfied?"

READ THE DESCRIPTION NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU COMMIT!

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

uncanny luck thats incredible

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

What is funny about this is that Neil is the guy who will probably eye-ball a NJ copper...soon... Buy the pooch a big beef bone with that silver!!!!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

nice coin ....congrats ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

gleaner1 said:
What is funny about this is that Neil is the guy who will probably eye-ball a NJ copper...soon... Buy the pooch a big beef bone with that silver!!!!

I couldn't even buy myself a NJ Copper. They just don't like me!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

Finding silver walking the doggie :thumbsup:

Sweet

Blaze

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:

;D

Still waiting for him to cough up the dough. He started asking questions after the fact..>" Can I return it if I am not satisfied?"

I hear ya, and that's why I am not a big "fan" of ebay, "They" can click "confirm bid" or "buy it now" in the last 4 seconds, but then take another week to pay you ?? :icon_scratch: I don't think I'd offer any returns, you have an accurate pic. and it is professionally graded. What the "H" or "F" more does the guy want ?

No refunds for buyer remorse, coin accurately described, and pictured, you bought it. I guess he did pay a "fair" price, but had he paid any less, he would not be the owner. I once had a feedback comment that the buyer had paid a "little too much"" Don't know how he figured that, as stated one bid lower he would not be the new owner. So in truth he paid just exactky the righ amount. Same as in this case.

Return only if he pays for commissions, and then you can sell to second highest bidder.

Most awesome find, hope to do as well some day. Am confident, will happen, only a matter of time.

Good luck out there Neil...ah... you don't need luck, just keep diggin.

Rick

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:

;D

That doesn't sound good and if he passes his own deadline for payment I would have to lean towards him probably being a deadbeat. I know MANY serious buyers on ebay who drop thousands of dollars and they are the easiest ones to deal with. They know what they want, pay fast, and there is never any questions after they click the auction, or receive the item. Of course all buyers are different so you never really know who in on the other end, and is why I asked the questions about him in my other post. It usually gives you an idea of what the chances are.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Iron Patch said:
Iron Patch said:

;D

That doesn't sound good and if he passes his own deadline for payment I would have to lean towards him probably being a deadbeat. I know MANY serious buyers on ebay who drop thousands of dollars and they are the easiest ones to deal with. They know what they want, pay fast, and there is never any questions after they click the auction, or receive the item. Of course all buyers are different so you never really know who in on the other end, and is why I asked the questions about him in my other post. It usually gives you an idea of what the chances are.

The deal is finally done!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
Iron Patch said:

;D

I hear ya, and that's why I am not a big "fan" of ebay, "They" can click "confirm bid" or "buy it now" in the last 4 seconds, but then take another week to pay you ?? :icon_scratch: I don't think I'd offer any returns, you have an accurate pic. and it is professionally graded. What the "H" or "F" more does the guy want ?

No refunds for buyer remorse, coin accurately described, and pictured, you bought it. I guess he did pay a "fair" price, but had he paid any less, he would not be the owner. I once had a feedback comment that the buyer had paid a "little too much"" Don't know how he figured that, as stated one bid lower he would not be the new owner. So in truth he paid just exactky the righ amount. Same as in this case.

Return only if he pays for commissions, and then you can sell to second highest bidder.

Most awesome find, hope to do as well some day. Am confident, will happen, only a matter of time.

Good luck out there Neil...ah... you don't need luck, just keep diggin.

Rick

If you don't have a credit card attached to your account it takes many days to transfer money from your bank to your PP balance, so a person needing several days for money to clear their account is plenty possible. They can still send the payment, but it's better to wait because a payment that goes without enough funds goes as an e-check and the process starts over... so even when the first sum enters your balance it doesn't speed up the e-check any. Personally I don't even contact someone until it's been at least 2 weeks, but would be a little sooner if it was a $3,500 sale.

I can tell you it's definitely easy to bid and feel like you paid too much as I have done it many times. What you say is true only if the under-bidder always bids exactly what the item is worth... so if he overbids and you beat him, it means you both gambled and overbid. This sale I believe was a fixed price with one buyer so was just a matter of one opinion for value.

If he pays, then changes his mind and files a Paypal claim the result will be based on how he goes about the claim. If his beef is something said in the auction the sale with stand, but if he is smart he will figure out something - anything, that's not said, then his chances will greatly improve.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Iron Patch said:

;D

The deal is finally done!

Right on. You mean he paid, and now you just have to ship it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread