Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• 20170330_194705.jpg
    20170330_194705.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 241
Nice! I am curious, is this one of the spots we highlighted in our discussions a year back or two?

damn. wow. That's from your 400' deep hole?

Nope. Was down 400' to see if we could get some equipment out. Doesn't look good for removing the equipment. Too unstable.

This came from something we have been chasing for several years. This was believed to be one of the area "rumors" so it "didn't exist". The area is extremely rough and not easily accessible so it is no surprise this has stayed " hidden" for so long. We'll be back there in a few weeks.

Not the best pic of the ore but you can see the gold. Didn't realize my partner took one and sent it to me.

Attachments

• 20170331_171051.jpg
    20170331_171051.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 243
That is very nice, if I had a five gallon bucket turn something out like that I would still be in the hole.

Nice mate, and please keep us updated on this, want to see lots more gold.

That is very nice, if I had a five gallon bucket turn something out like that I would still be in the hole.

Nice mate, and please keep us updated on this, want to see lots more gold.

You know how we are. We don't get....."excited".

Can you see gold in most of your limonite processed? I've found some limonite, but never have I seen any gold in mine. In your professional opinion, does this look like gold leaf stockwork in limonite or just some oddly shaped limonite?

IMG_20170419_224112_067.jpgIMG_20170419_224134_274.jpg

Rific,
You may have to crush the limonite and pan it to find out. Try about 1 Kg minimum, for starters.
Screen it properly, to ensure any gold to be liberated.

However most limonite is not found in gossans, but as "bog ore". Especially in humid terrain.

As for the stockwork question:
Geology is like a puzzle, all pieces put together give an image.
Right now you are showing us one single piece of the puzzle and asking us what the image is.

This is the reason you need to learn the basics with books, courses or whatever.

I just found that one in a creek and was going to look on nearby rockwalls to try and trace it if it was worthy of an attempt, but I suppose the smash n pan method will do all the telling

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back