Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
S

stefen

Animals get scared of load noised like thunder, sirens, fireworks and the like.

I was in bed one night when we experienced a rolling earthquake...and suddenly our mini-poodle jumped and strattled me...scared shiftless...

If he could get under my skin he would have...

They need reassurance when this happens...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_picture.gif
Nice photograph! Our little puppy would also run into the bathroom but not into the tub - she would squeeze behind the toilet. :) Thanks for sharing...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart dog. Every time y'all get rain, we get snow. Nothin major, but it's that nasty wet snow that's tricky to drive on. Maybe a couple more major dumps for us and then our 30 minutes of summer will arrive.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a half Australian cattle dog/half black lab. She is so afraid of bad weather. Anytime the wind is blowing over about 15 miles an hour, she'll not go outside until she just can't wait any longer. Even then, she'll stand, looking out the door, shaking like a leaf. I feel sorry for her and Bella!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Smart dog. Every time y'all get rain, we get snow. Nothin major, but it's that nasty wet snow that's tricky to drive on. Maybe a couple more major dumps for us and then our 30 minutes of summer will arrive.

That is the worst snow you can drive in!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her ears must be quite sensitive, maybe when a storm is brewing you could put a pair of those ear plugs in her ears?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same thing happened to me Stefen except it was my wife that acted like that, not the dog. :) Tamrock, does he like baths??

She doesn't like getting a bath, but she won't put up a fuss when she gets one.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her ears must be quite sensitive, maybe when a storm is brewing you could put a pair of those ear plugs in her ears?
I can tell when a storm is in the area ahead of time by the way she acts. She starts with being very insecure and follows me every were I go in the house. When the first boom from a lighting strike is heard, it's then off to her hiding places. When I first got her she wasn't bothered by storms so much, but the other dog I had was and I think she just began to pick up on his fears about storms and it just stuck with her. The new dog we got who is 2 years old now could care less about thunder storms. They don't bug him at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread