We must be insane!!!!!!!! ****UPDATED BELOW 2 VERY, VERY NICE SUPRIZES SO FAR***

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

Attachments

• 3-13-09coins.jpg
    3-13-09coins.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,356
Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: We must be insane!!!!!!!!

Shake I am insane but you take it too a whole other level. My gosh you have to find some goodies like that. Any 2009's you should hold onto and sell bud. Just ask Txtim.

Golden Silver

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008

wow. I get burned out going though one box at a time! But then again, I hoard all copper and even separate by year/mint so that does consume cycles

Why is this post in bold? Did I do something to make this a bold font? Argh the internets.

Congratulations on the search which should yield you quite a few goodies. Cant wait to see the final score!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA

Yep your a loon. Must be on some good drugs for your back LOL. Have you been to realcent? There was guys over there picking up 40 boxes at a time, then weighing them and sorting the lightest ones first cause they couldn't sort them all even with rydales. Saw a pic of what looked like a pallet of bricks only they were penny boxes. Be good to your eyes. HH Mark

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SNB, you are crazy man. I see a IH in your future.... Can't wait to see the results.... :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOOHOO!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

Silver Stripe said:
Yep your a loon. Must be on some good drugs for your back LOL. Have you been to realcent? There was guys over there picking up 40 boxes at a time, then weighing them and sorting the lightest ones first cause they couldn't sort them all even with rydales. Saw a pic of what looked like a pallet of bricks only they were penny boxes. Be good to your eyes. HH Mark

Yes I have been to realcent. Actually just joined the other day. Right now I ma doing about 36 pennies boxes a week plus a few other boxes(dimes, nickels, halves). As soon as I get a Ryedale I am upping my penny searching to at least 60 boxes a week. :thumbsup: And with the ryedale I will also be able to up my other boxes. I should be at about 60 boxes a week searching. Wow now that I just typed that, boy that seems like a lot. LOL!! ::) With this batch I should be breaking the 4,000 wheat mark for the year. Not bad for the first three months and I even took a month off with my back.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

That really does look like a good time to me. ;D

Good luck, can't wait to hear what you find.

How many banks do you order from to get that many boxes?

I order cent/penny boxes 3 or 4 at a time from one bank. I don't know if the other banks would allow me to order more. Any coins I search I have to re-roll them to return to the banks. I wish there was a coin machine in just one of the banks around here. lol

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

Pennyworth said:

I order cent/penny boxes 3 or 4 at a time from one bank. I don't know if the other banks would allow me to order more. Any coins I search I have to re-roll them to return to the banks. I wish there was a coin machine in just one of the banks around here. lol

I actually use one bank right now. I was using two branches from the one bank, but one of the managers helped out at the other branch and saw that I was ordering form both banks she said if it was easier for me I could just order everything I wanted from on bank, OK!!! They get there deliveries every Tues. and Thurs. which they order 20 boxes each day. I am lucky that my source bank and dump bank are so great, if they weren't I wouldn't be doing the quantity that I am. I asked my source bank if they would have a problem fullfilling 60 boxes of cents a week they said no problem, they pay a flat rate fee no matter how many boxes they order a week from the carrier.

Totals will be out later today... I have a few suprizes, but you will have to wait and see :wink:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

salaloid said:
What are you planning to do with this nice hoard of wheats?
We are supposed to do something with them! :icon_scratch: No, just kidding. My goal is to complete a set of lincolns, but the chance of finding the 1909s VDM is slim and none. So I plan on selling or trading other wheats to get the coins I am missing for the set. This way I am still getting the set from CRHing. Then eventually start trading up to get an Mint State RED set of Lincolns. I have all of the 1950's and some of the 1940's in MS RED grade already and they were all found CRHing.

Thanks for the comments,
Jason

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky

Shake-N-Bake said:
Pennyworth said:

I actually use one bank right now. I was using two branches from the one bank, but one of the managers helped out at the other branch and saw that I was ordering form both banks she said if it was easier for me I could just order everything I wanted from on bank, OK!!! They get there deliveries every Tues. and Thurs. which they order 20 boxes each day. I am lucky that my source bank and dump bank are so great, if they weren't I wouldn't be doing the quantity that I am. I asked my source bank if they would have a problem fullfilling 60 boxes of cents a week they said no problem, they pay a flat rate fee no matter how many boxes they order a week from the carrier.

Totals will be out later today... I have a few suprizes, but you will have to wait and see :wink:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

I can't wait!!

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008

i wanta know the results, your cent pictures and totals always amaze me and i love reading about them. how do you manage to get rid of 40 boxes of pennies in a resanable amount of time?

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

bourassa5 said:
i wanta know the results, your cent pictures and totals always amaze me and i love reading about them. how do you manage to get rid of 40 boxes of pennies in a resanable amount of time?

The easiest way to get rid of 40 boxes is sort the copper out, sell that for a small premium. The rest see picture below(own your own coin sorter-counter and bag up your own returns) :thumbsup:

OK some of the results so far..... Two real nice suprizes and two of the first I have ever seen in the wild.

Two 1858 flying eagles :icon_sunny: never thought I would ever get one let alone two in the same day!!!!

Also got a few old Canadians, 1920 x 2, and 1932

aslo have a lot of wheats but I am not doen so I haven't totaled them up yet.

Enjoy the pictures and will do a final total tomorrow!

Jason

Attachments

• minisort1.jpg
    minisort1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 3-14-09coins.jpg
    3-14-09coins.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,063
  • minisort1.jpg
    minisort1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,059

Top Member Reactions