We returned a class ring!

Miningtown

Apr 22, 2009
Argyle, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI PRO sl, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Went out to the lake with my sister to try out my new to me tiger shark. While I hunted the water, she hunted the sand. We both found a bunch of stuff but the local HS class ring was the best. It was from the class of 09. We went to the HS to try to find the owner, the receptionist looked at the name and knew right away who lost it..her daughter's best friend. She had already graduated so we left our number and before we got home, she called so we went back to the lake to meet and return the ring.

It turns out that this was her second class ring. She buried her first ring with her best friend who passed in a car accident 4 months ago. She got a second one but lost it at the beach. Well the returned ring brought tears to her eyes and smiles to our faces and we were so glad to give something back to her that meant so much.

Attachments

• gfind5.jpg
    gfind5.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 374

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice story and picture. A really neat story. You were lucky you
could return the ring so fast. Sometimes they are very hard to return and
sometimes people don't appreciate getting them back at all.

Congratulations on finding and returning the ring.

By the way, you are going to Love the Tesoro Tiger Shark. I have one and my friend who is a
lady has one also. We both have found lots of rings and bracelets and necklaces. It smokes almost
all other detectors on finding necklaces and I mean the really fine ones.

HH<Ringfinder

P.S. I was out today in a local lake and found a 925 silver ring. The water is getting colder
here in Ohio, but put on a full wet suit and you can hunt until fall in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions