WE SHOULD DO A CONTEST

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds interesting!

GroundHound

Feb 14, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be in for it.....problem is im waiting for my detector to arrive just yet lol

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
sweet,let's all keep this thread going see how many people we can get. Does anyone have a suggestion on cut off date? Or start date?

GeauxLSU

Apr 2, 2013
Baton Rouge, La
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say we start April 12th to May 12th. I just ordered my detector and it should be in sometime next week so April 12th would be the first weekend I get to use it. I'm only 27 so I'm nowhere near retired yet therefore I can only hunt on my days off. :BangHead:
I have the go ahead on 2 properties that happen to be the site of Civil War battles. One of them was the site of a major battle. :headbang:

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
anyone else want to suggest a time frame?

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A month seems about the right length. The exact dates don't matter to me.

Maybe have a retired and non-retired category?

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really think this is gonna work. Anyone can go take there wife's diamond ring, dig a hole and be like look what I pulled outta this place.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
NO I AM NOT INTERESTED...TO ME DON'T SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA ... SO I WILL HAVE NO PART OF IT.......THE ONLY CONTEST I LIKE IS THE STATE LOTTO.....

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Im not interested, but....

I belonged to a smaller md forum 6-8 yrs ago that held a monthly contest. If I remember correctly...the first prize was donated by somebody, then each months winner had to supply the nexts months prize. Members voted on winner. So that meant it wasn't the oldest find or the most finds, but often the coolest find that one.Prizes were like a roll of wheaties, or a hand full of cloth nailbags, or a couple date less buffaloes. There was also some books that was passed around as the prize. In fact I remember one month the prize was a case of Mallo-Cups. lol

Have at it!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lets Go Power Ball!!! First Number 19 , Ill Buy Sorry Im Hijacking your Post We will Share Chug and Red The next number is the Powerball Number!!! Its Been a Bad Week Chug

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty new at this stuff. Maybe two months total. But, I go out almost everyday and I'm getting better all the time. I'm willing to give it a try!

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been detecting in a old gold town and it will take time due to many years of Yahoos gone thru town with their Md's Would small gold nuggets be included in this contest? So what is it, size & weight of rings, value of coins or how much weight in gold grams to Ounces? Most Money value to be estimated at the end? Hope the weather holds up, Peace.

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
not sure. I was curious to see if anyone would be interested in it at all. It would be a honor (not cheating) agreement for all that would join it. So hopefully if the serious people are truly interested it will work. All dishonest people please go find other people to b.s.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also do a sub-contest...the weirdest find. Just a thought.

HH,
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread