we were shopping at a store....

Hello everyone!

and guess what I found?  Merc cuff links!!  :o They were incased in a nice twisted gold border.
There were two pairs of them.. in pretty good condition!!  circa 1945. that is the most mercs that I have seen in one place since I have discovered this wonderful hobby. Unfortunately, Saber didn't need them darn it. They went for 35.00 a pair plus thirty percent off!!. Well goes to show you, you can find silver anywhere.. hehehehe.. Well his birthday is comin up in the summer, maybe he will get a wonderful silver suprise...

Thanks for reading this and sharing my discovery!

M

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cool Maureen...Make him wear them anyway! If he can wear socks on his ears....he definately can find a place for cuff links! LOL

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
:D well this is Maureen here, and guess what? I talked Saber into going back to get a pair.. they are not only unique, they are beautiful. I was hoping that they were still there ... Now here is the part where I need your input, how do we use them? They are the standard t shape. Do we have a tailor cut holes into his shirts? Since Saber wears a suit and tie everyday to work, I would like to see him wear them occasionally... but not all the time cause he is a deputy and I don't want them to get marked up in the line of duty. Now I have to get him to take pics of them to share with our new friends here in Treasurenet. Too bad I cant wear them >:( lol.
They are definitely a class act. :o Thank you ahead of time for your input.

M

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
sabertooth said:
:D well this is Maureen here, and guess what? I talked Saber into going back to get a pair.. they are not only unique, they are beautiful. I was hoping that they were still there ... Now here is the part where I need your input, how do we use them? They are the standard t shape. Do we have a tailor cut holes into his shirts? Since Saber wears a suit and tie everyday to work, I would like to see him wear them occasionally... but not all the time cause he is a deputy and I don't want them to get marked up in the line of duty. Now I have to get him to take pics of them to share with our new friends here in Treasurenet. Too bad I cant wear them >:( lol.
They are definitely a class act. :o Thank you ahead of time for your input.

M
Why cant you wear them Maureen? I think they would look funky. Get a shirt with french cuffs....the holes are already cut in them. Go to some of the vintage clothing shops ,they have really cool clothes and probally mens dress shirts with the cuffs you need.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steel the guys thunder typical woman....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread