WEB SITES AND THE KGB

D

dwight traina

Well here i am again web sites and the kgc Floyd Mann posted on his site about Mickel Griffin web site that is the frist time i have seen it. i gesse moust of you have herd about the big land sale in se okla. some people try to say this is a kgc site and Mr Griffin sayo Jessie James beried money there he shows gold and silver .i have look at the pic and the silver does not look black like the 27.00 dollors in quaters and the 30.00 in walking lady 50 cent pec that i have found also have dug up 50 cent pec on prada isl most of thes coins were black as cole also M.Griffin says Jesse James was a colonel on a raid in 1864 . boy did he move up in rink fast .Quanterell would take him because he was to young he was 16 at that time so Blood Bill Anderson took jesse with him in the summer of 1864 .Boy these guys tell all these storys about the kgc till you dont know what they are going to say next. close for now

B

BILL 1876

I believe the only thing the James/Youngers had in common with the KGC is that they both fought for the Southern cause. And there still is no documented evidence that the KGC ever existed. I know it is labeled as a secret organization but so were the Masons at one time. And VERY FEW IF ANY organizations secret or otherwise have had the power, the organization, the historical foundation or financial backing that the Masons have. I say the James/Youngers took the money from banks, trains etc...for their own use, they were their own cause, and rightfully in my opinion, justified their activities due to the Northern tyranny of the time.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
I would suggest reading "Shadow of the Sentinel" by Bob Brewer on this forum. I had the same beliefs as you until I read that book. If that doesn't get your heart pumping, nothing will.

B

BILL 1876

You're right "Shadow of the Sentinel" does get your blood pumping and your heart pounding. . Just about any medium that has something about treasure hunting has that affect on me; I’m always chomping at the bit to find something new.

However, Bob’s book did not change my mind on the James/Younger gang and their non-involvement in the KGC. There still is no documented proof regarding the KGC, what is out there on the KGC is all conjecture, granted that doesn’t mean they did not exist, but it does leave a gaping hole for the power of invention.

If someone can produce any historical, or antiquated documented evidence of the KGC's existence and their relationship to the Confederacy or James/Younger gang then that may influence my decision.

But from what is known as fact about the James/Younger gang activities, their whereabouts, personal data and using "logical deduction" (a very broad term) the evidence leans heavily in favor of NO KGC involvement but instead stronly suggests they operated for their own independence.

If you consider the ages of the James/Youngers that alone leaves one doubtful of the experience or maturity level possessed by them and would be required for involvement in such an organization at just about any level not to mention a leadership role of any kind. Especially in the case of Jesse.

When compared with other more “qualified” individuals around at the time to serve and head the KGC, it makes Jesse James and the entire gang look like a bunch of Lee Harvey Oswalds, just a bunch of patsies, that is if you want to connect the gang with the KGC.

To view the gang in this light detracts from the James/Younger legacy and solidifies the fact for me that they operated for themselves as their actions clearly show they were not someone’s patsy, they were independent of anyone, including each other. They simply conducted their activities against the banks and railroads as they did while fighting as guerillas during the war.

What better way to confront any chaos and mayhem that might arise out of robbing banks and trains. It worked in Lawrence and many others, it was a proven method, and unique to them. The James/Younger gang continued to operate against Northern oppression, for 17 years after the wars end. True Sons of the South, Soldiers of the Confederacy, bless them for their conviction to our cause.

A lot more information can be found of that period, as well as before and after the war that sheds more light on the motivations of their activities. Additionally, a lot of reference material exists out there on what is mentioned in Bob’s book with regard to these “organizations,” although his book is excellent.

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
in late 1988 i went to coumbus ohio to take a frend to the ohio state vetranary hospital. we traveled on u.s. 23 north from kentucky. turned west on rt. 270. somewhere on the west side we past a small park it was on the left side. there were several flat stones and a monumunt in the center. on a sign it read knights of the golden circle. maybe someone from there may know more about this. i belive there is more to this group then we think. boomer

B

BILL 1876

Ohio is a good place to start. Not being considered a Southern state or member in the Confederacy, it was full of Southern sympathizers and a jumping off point for the conspiracy to assassinate President Lincoln. It was also known as a birthplace for some of the organizations like the Copperheads who supported the Southern cause. There is much information on this available on the internet giving many details of Ohio’s support for the South. I have distant relatives in Ohio who have supplied me in the past with photos of our ancestors from the period of the Civil war. I will ask them to research the monument and park you mentioned, I wish you had taken a photo. However I still do not believe that the James/Younger gang had any involvement with the KGC. And let me be clear, I have never stated that the KGC did not exist, but instead that their existence remains unproven. Thanks for the info Boomer.

B

BILL 1876

BOOMER OHIO

What you saw as KGC was for; KINGS GATE CLUB. The small park, monument etc..was supported by the Kings Gate Club through donations etc..

They have their own newsletter and website using the initials the KGC. They speak of knights of the round table and such.

So this is NOT the same Knights of the Golden Circle as we are referencing, but instead the local branch of a chartitable organization known as the Kings Gate Club.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread