Wedding Band found and returned while detecting OBX, NC

littledmac

Greenie
Oct 20, 2009
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x aquanaut/Bounty Hunter Tracker ID 505
Found this ring while detecting In Kill Devil Hills, NC. So I for the second day in a row, found a ring. I started detecting and found a pair of sunglasses. Then a guy and his wife yells over to me "have you found any rings?" I said "not today" Then he says his buddy lost his wedding ring here at that access over the weekend. So I asked him what it looked like and told him that if I found one similar I would let him know. Not 3 minutes later I find a ring in the same description. I don't let them I found it till I go to my car and get my video camera. Too bad the guy who owned it wasn't there, as I am sure he would have been really excited. After this girl calls her friend and sends a picture from her phone to her, she confirmed it was indeed the guys who lost it. They took my address and phone number in case it wasn't their friends, because they were confirming it was theirs over a cell phone picture which arent the greatest quality, but I am sure it was theirs. Anyhow, it was my first time returning something to someone, and even though I didn't get a real excited response, (cause it wasn't theirs, but their friends) it still felt good knowing I would brighten up someones day. who knows, maybe I will get a call with a thank you when they get it back to the guy. see video below. Not the greatest quality, but the best Ive got.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work brother!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Nice cleavage shot around 4:05... :laughing9: :laughing9: :D

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
You are right---even through a middleman (or lobster as the case may be) the response was less than minimal. "Ho-hum. Found my wedding ring? I'll get back to you after I feed my dog". Still, the right thing is the right thing. Ya'll done good.

PS--Maybe that marriage wasn't going so well, and the "lost" part, well............Hence the reason for the total lack of excitement.

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
Love the OBX---Have not had too much luck the last few visits----Keep us posted! Good work on the ring return.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
AGCoinHunter said:
Good job. Nice cleavage shot around 4:05... :laughing9: :laughing9: :D

I was going to comment on the mommy parts, too, but you beat me to it!

Congrats on the ring find and more congrats on (hopefully) returning it to the owner and being an ambassador to all of us swinging an M/D!! :icon_thumleft:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice......Excellent job!!! :thumbsup:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Alway makes you feel good to brighten :hello2:someones day. Good deeds will be rewarded. :icon_thumright:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread