Week totals and "the missing silver"

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
image-2614084332.jpg

I was skunked on two out of three dime boxes but the 3 40%'s I found in teller trays and the 4 from CWR make up for it. Now a quick little story:

I was stoping by my last bank for the day. I did not feel like going inside since I was just asking for the few halves that may be sitting in their treys. The commercial line was in use so I pulled up to the next lane over and asked for halves. They had one and sent it up the chute to me. As I was reaching for the little tube container I got a phone call. It was my mom so I decided that I should answer it. I was talking to her as took the envelope that contained the half and two quarters out of the container. I could here silver as i picked up. I ripped open the envelope with my free hand and then set it down on the seat next to me while I rolled up the window. As I set the envelope down the half and the quarters fell out. One quarter fell on the seat and the other in between the crack of the seat and the console. I could not reach the second quarter And I assumed that the half had fallen down the crack as well. I just decided to get them when I got home. Well I got home and found the quarter, but the half was nowhere to be found. I looked for a good 15 minutes last night and then some more today. My silver ear is pretty good so I am about 99% sure it was silver. Not only does it suck that I can't find it but will never really know if it was silver. Other than that it was a pretty good week for me.

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah that elusive silver half, aren't we all looking for it lol, hope you find it there Dimes, nice little pile you got there this week! HH, Maverick.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason, a clad half mixed with clad quarters in a bank envelope will often sound very "silvery". I have no idea why. Its happened to me a few times. So don't be shocked if its clad when you find it. Hope its silver though! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For some reason, a clad half mixed with clad quarters in a bank envelope will often sound very "silvery". I have no idea why. Its happened to me a few times. So don't be shocked if its clad when you find it. Hope its silver though! :icon_thumright:
Haha yeah I have had it happen to my a few times too. That is why I am a little bit more positive that it was a silver. I has caused some doubts in my mind though. I just still don't know how I still have not found it. Silver or clad this half just disappeared.

InCladWeTrust

Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
44_Dimes said:
Haha yeah I have had it happen to my a few times too. That is why I am a little bit more positive that it was a silver. I has caused some doubts in my mind though. I just still don't know how I still have not found it. Silver or clad this half just disappeared.

Magician coin?????

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
One more in the picture and you would of had a pyramid. Good finds, the dimes are being replaced by the 2012p's dawg. 2012 dimes keep on-a-skunking my boxes.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 713167

I was skunked on two out of three dime boxes but the 3 40%'s I found in teller trays and the 4 from CWR make up for it. Now a quick little story:

I was stoping by my last bank for the day. I did not feel like going inside since I was just asking for the few halves that may be sitting in their treys. The commercial line was in use so I pulled up to the next lane over and asked for halves. They had one and sent it up the chute to me. As I was reaching for the little tube container I got a phone call. It was my mom so I decided that I should answer it. I was talking to her as took the envelope that contained the half and two quarters out of the container. I could here silver as i picked up. I ripped open the envelope with my free hand and then set it down on the seat next to me while I rolled up the window. As I set the envelope down the half and the quarters fell out. One quarter fell on the seat and the other in between the crack of the seat and the console. I could not reach the second quarter And I assumed that the half had fallen down the crack as well. I just decided to get them when I got home. Well I got home and found the quarter, but the half was nowhere to be found. I looked for a good 15 minutes last night and then some more today. My silver ear is pretty good so I am about 99% sure it was silver. Not only does it suck that I can't find it but will never really know if it was silver. Other than that it was a pretty good week for me.

I lost a 1965 Kennedy in my car. It slipped under some molding and I still have not found it! I still have the car and I will get it back before I sell or trade it!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I lost a 1965 Kennedy in my car. It slipped under some molding and I still have not found it! I still have the car and I will get it back before I sell or trade it!

I removed the carpeting from the car and found some cents and a 1978 Irish 5 pence (a new coin for me). It must have come from CRHing in the car. This was about 6 months ago.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I missed something, why were there also quarters in the envelope?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at nite with a flash light that works better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread