Weekend Away= gold rings, silver coin and other things

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Well another monthly road trip is in the books, and it was a dandy. Yesterday was cool out but we got to hunt all day, today we were done by noon as the rain moved in.The first site set the tone for yesterday, Bobbie found a silver earring, I went over to look at it, went back to my area I found the small 14k band. At the second site I found the 1964 Kennedy half, now this is first half I found since 1996, and first silver coin in over a year. Third spot was a new site we had never been too neither lots of dig areas in the sand with trash besides them. We didnt find 50 cents here between the two of us, however the 10k nuggett ring came from there it was right beside a piece of can slaw. 4th site was another new spot we both found plenty of clad, and Bobbie pulled the silver heart pendent from there. 5th spot our final new spot for the day as it was starting too get dark produced my 3rd gold ring for the day the 10k baby ring and clad for both of us. Today we detected a couple of our regular schools that we detect when we are in that area, then went to check on some more new spots. Todays new spots didnt pan out as they were locked in.
The most interesting find for the weekend though goes to Bobbie for what looks like a gold cuff link with some form of foreign coin set in it.She found it at the first spot we may have to take this one to get tested.
So total for weekend Bobbie was the gold cuff link, silver earring, silver pendent, little less than $20.00 in clad, several pieces of costume jewelry. For myself it was little over $12.00 in clad 3 gold rings and the kennedy half
congrat to all
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF1465.JPG
    DSCF1465.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 915
  • DSCF1470.JPG
    DSCF1470.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 921
  • DSCF1467.JPG
    DSCF1467.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 915
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Great weekend you two!

Keep 'em coming!

Ridley

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice haul! You two make a great team! Thanks for sharing.

Huntin' 59er

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You two are simply unbeatable!! And you always seem to find enough clad to buy gas for those adventures too! WTG!!

HH,
Moon

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Way to go. You two always produce some good finds. I spent the day driving around in 4 counties scoping out some more old house sites. I found several, now I have to hunt down the owners and beg permission.

Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent diggin~

HH

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, love that ring

HH
-GC

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just found my first half....Not silver though!!!Excellent job as alway's....HH!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice weekend out, congrats on all the goodies and nice silver half! Do you sell the gold and silver you find? HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two are doing GREAT in January! :o

Congrats on those beautiful finds!

Nana :)