Weekend dig with JARMAN

digger_girl

Oct 29, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5ID
Here are a few pics of some thing JARMAN and I found at my dads birthplace and a nearby cw site. I finally found my first bullet! ;D What a great feeling!!!!

At my dad's I found a small spoon, a couple of buckles, a compact lid, and some weird little iron thingy?? JARMAN found a 1928 wheat penny, which was so cool! My dad was born in 1928! He passed away in 2001. JARMAN found the cw buckle too which was a very nice find.

At the cw campsite I found what appears to be a crudely made chisel of some sort, not sure. Possible stone chisel???

All in all, it was GREAT weekend!!!! can't wait to get back!

Hope you enjoy the pics & happy hunting!

Attachments

• DSCF0819.JPG
    DSCF0819.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 819
  • DSCF0821.JPG
    DSCF0821.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 821
  • Finds 006.jpg
    Finds 006.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 810
  • Finds 008.jpg
    Finds 008.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 809
  • Finds 014.jpg
    Finds 014.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 806
  • Finds 019.jpg
    Finds 019.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 804
  • Finds 022.jpg
    Finds 022.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 808
Upvote 0

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds digger_girl & welcome !

love finding CW bulets, got my first end of last year, was quite a thrill

take care,

vp

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
Congrats on the digs. Looks like a good site. Is there a hallmark on the back of the spoon?

K

KirkTN

digger_girl Those are some dandy finds. I myself have yet to find a CW 3ringer. WTG. Very Cool Heart Buckle.

:)

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Digger_Girl,
Looks loke you have a real nice place to hunt. I would hit it hard and often.
Tennessee Joe
PS Welcome to TN

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first CW bullet! I think that buckle with a heart is also CW era. HH, Mike

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice pics and post DG, Cant remember how much iron and shoes we left behind placed around trees for pick up on the way out, I so enjoyed the hunt and look forward to the next trip. Need to bring a 5gal bucket next trip :o

The old roadbed runs over the next ridges and this site had loggers and home sites,its got to be there. The heart buckle is the large variety, so i think it may have been for horse tack other then bedrolls. May be wrong. Was such a thrill to watch your excitement given your family ties to the site.. Hope you get the next first on the next hunt..HH

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Welcome digger_girl. I know that feeling of finding your first bullet. I found mine last weekend along with a buckle (not a plate) and a button. Going back to the farm this weekend. Many congrats. I liked the pics of the heart buckle. Way cool digs. All the luck in the future.

Attachments

• First CW finds.JPG
    First CW finds.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 575
  • First CW finds.JPG
    First CW finds.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 580

DannyBrooks

Jan 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites MX6
Waaassuup from a fellow Tennessean. I love that spoon....gawgeous! Is it marked?

From the look of the photos it is spring in your neck of the woods. ;)

Peace and Woo Hoo!

OP
OP
digger_girl

digger_girl

Oct 29, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5ID
Thanks everyone!
The spoon is one of my favorite finds. On the back it says " PAT May 2 99" and at the bottom of the handle, on the front it looks like " House of Horton" but it's hard to make out, so I'm not sure.

I took the pictures of the cellar hole last September. That was the first time I had been there since I was a little girl, when my dad took me. Can't wait to get back out there. :)

JARMAN is right~ we found TONS of old iron relics. Oh, and you can't tell from the pictures but the old well is still in tact next to the cellar hole. I thought that was cool. :)

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I bet it was cool to be there,

sitting back a sec or two imagining your pop playing around there. the moment is priceless.

OP
OP
digger_girl

digger_girl

Oct 29, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5ID
OK. I admit it~ I cried. :-[

Couldn't help myself. Generations of my family called that place home. My dad played there as a boy. Lots of emotions filled me that day. And JARMAN was incredible. He even let me keep the cw buckle and wheat penny to put with all my other trinkets from the house. Which, by the way, I keep displayed in an old sewing trunk that was my paternal grandmother's. So the trunk actually came from the very house we are hunting. Pretty cool, I think. ;D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
digger_girl said:
OK. I admit it~ I cried. :-[

Couldn't help myself. Generations of my family called that place home. My dad played there as a boy. Lots of emotions filled me that day. And JARMAN was incredible. He even let me keep the cw buckle and wheat penny to put with all my other trinkets from the house. Which, by the way, I keep displayed in an old sewing trunk that was my paternal grandmother's. So the trunk actually came from the very house we are hunting. Pretty cool, I think. ;D

Hugs my friend, I have too, thank you also for letting me see and share some of your own family history. It brings reflection within my own history. TY again.

The bucket and penny, yes that JARMAN he is a fine honorable fellow for sure

P

Pentico

That had to be a great day for you!
Love the finds you came up with.
Can not wait for you to get back there and post some more.
We both love old family history, and you have some there!
Congrads on a great day!
Chris & LeeAnn
2ColoNuts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread