Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturday morning started off disappointing in two ways. I got up at the crack of dawn to hit a large park in the nearby city, only to find that I couldn't even get to the park due to road closings. They were having some kind of a walk or marathon so I gave up on that park, too many people hanging around and I don't care much for an audience. Not wanting to waste the morning, I decided to hit the old baseball park next to my house that I have pounded pretty hard over the last year. When I arrived at the baseball park, I start to see fresh dug holes, and some of them had pull tabs or can tabs laying next to them. At first I thought that it could have been done by the many moles that live there, until I saw the awful looking plugs. Some of these plugs must have been 12" in diameter! They didn't take the time to comb the lose dirt back into the hole, and in some cases just half @$$ed threw the plug back into the massive hole. I only saw maybe a dozen holes like this, but it was embarrassing to the hobby and to myself. So I spent a good deal of time fixing the other guy's mess. There are a few pics below. I take it that the person is pretty new and doesn't own a pinpointer. I drive past this park quite often, so if I see them there again I may stop by and give them advise on how to properly dig. This si actually he first time that I have ever seen evidence of someone else detecting in this area:unhappysmiley:

2013-03-30 09.32.09.jpg 2013-03-30 09.33.46.jpg

Despite this guy or gal leaving a dozen nasty looking holes, they walked right over this very strong shallow signal, reading a 90 on my AT Pro. It ended up being my first dollar coin ever found, an Andrew Johnson presidential dollar!! I went on to find another handful of pocket change and pull tabs that the other guy must have walked right over, before heading home for lunch then off to the next spot.

2013-03-31 20.14.21.jpg

The next spot was at my parent's house, which was built in 1976. I found a hotwheel and a stealth fighter toy, and the 15 thousand dollars token from Publishers Clearing House. I thought that it was a rather interesting find, completely worthless yet humorous.

This morning I finally got to return to the big park in the city where I have found gold and silver before. Today just netted a few dollars in pocket change and a whole bag full of bottle caps and can tabs. Next weekend I'm going to hunt some older sites, so hopefully I can find some cool old stuff or silver.

2013-03-31 20.14.02.jpg 2013-03-30 16.08.25.jpg

The dog is Bailey, who tagged along at my parent's farm while I was detecting there.

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Any chance of posting a close up of the Publishers Clearinghouse token?

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bummer when ratfinks do not fill their holes.nice dollar

OP
OP
Jeremy S

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Any chance of posting a close up of the Publishers Clearinghouse token?

Sure, I can do this when I get home tonight.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we will see a lot more of this with all the detecting shows on tv, lots of new comers that haven't learned from someone.

JABBERWOCKY

Apr 20, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, S.E.F coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It wasn't me! I try and leave sites looking better than when I arrived.
Congrats on the first dollar!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds
goodjob.gif
goodluck.gif

OP
OP
Jeremy S

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a close up of the Publishers Clearing House token. It looks to have been hit by a lawnmower at some point. 2013-04-03 07.04.25.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread