Eclypz

Greenie
Feb 10, 2018
WWII, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Vallon VMH3CS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These are my finds for the branch camp that temporarily housed German PoWs from WWII. This is a site I’ve visited before, but this time I wanted to dig a lot of iron hits just Incase I missed something.

I started out finding a lot of nails. So many nails that I almost tossed aside an awesome find. My first promising hit was a rolled up tube of shaving cream. So I proceeded to sweep the surrounding area. About 4 feet away was an iron hit that I thought would certainly be a nail. I scratched on it a bit with my glove and it slowly took shape. I noticed the horns on top at first, and flipped it over to see that it was hollow and the thin layers of iron had rusted through to the other side. I could still make it out to be a Longhorn charm! It has a lot of aging to it and this is a spot that has produced ww1 finds as well. I continued to dig the area; finding 6 tent stakes.

Later I stumbled on an old well that was about 125 yards from the site. Not able to stick a magnet down it; I detected around it. Another nice find showed itself. A Grenade Pin and Handle :thumbsup:

A few more of the finds included likely POW buttons, an iron chisel, a smashed water hose, a buckle for a gun strap? .. and an unknown round object.

58BBF2FA-FF8C-447F-934B-67210EB803D5.jpeg

8226EAF0-C08B-4B7A-AC3C-575F5B8E7898.jpeg

3E984A7F-C196-45CD-9CBE-5D4F53B1DEFB.jpeg

3C1282A0-F851-4CDD-8917-832CF821B82A.jpeg

Upvote 10
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions