Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finds from this weekend, about 4 hours worth of detecting. Ground was a little frozen Saturday and Sunday was worse, getting beyond the 2” frozen ground was tough. The plowed fields I wanted to detect were frozen solid so I hit a few grass fields. Here’s the finds, a lead horse and soldier, two musket balls with the mold nipples still attached and a small barrel tap.
17Feb08horstap.jpg

A lead piece that looks like a saint or someone kneeling in prayer and a partial lead seal that looks like it was in the shape of a heart, I can’t make out the image.
17Feb08knealseal.jpg

A small 2” figure of Jesus, still has the nails in his hands.
17Feb08Jesus.jpg

A religious pendant, a 1921 aluminum 50 Pfennig coin and an old looking nut, is threaded through the hole, almost paired up with the small tap I found but the threads are different.
17Feb08coinrelnutO.jpg

A German military button with a “4” and crossed cannons, probably Prussian from the mid 1800s. Obverse of an 1855 Bavarian copper 1 Pfennig coin and an 1851 Austrian copper 1 Kruezer coin.
17Feb081850butO.jpg

Reverse of the button and coins, note the AMD makers mark on the button. HH, Mike
17Feb081850butR.jpg

Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike.........Its been a long time. Those are some get finds, the Jesus figure is one of those finds that make you think and right now I can just say a prayer for someone I know! Great job once again!

The Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread