weekend finds

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Well, I was happy to get out after months since my last detecting outing.

I detected an old graveyard area next to my company, and only found 1 lincoln memorial.

I headed to an old farmhouse I had worked over in the past... I tried to increase sensitivity and pre-amp gain to gain some depth. Nothing significant was found. I got a miner's tag, a 1917 Wheat Cent, and a holed 1950 Canadian Cent.

I next gained permission to hunt at a local grange where there was an indoor flea market going on. I found a few dimes and memorial cents around the building but no traces of anything old. I headed across the street to a 1917 brick schoolhouse and abandoned church. These sites were hit before me, probably for years. In fact, there were recent signs of open holes around the place. I sighed in disbelief and recovered them. I wasn't doing any good there, so I left for the day.

That night, I eyeballed a find while going through a haunted attraction. I opened up the folded bills to find a $20 bill and $10 bill. How fitting considering it was my 30th birthday that day.

The next evening I was able to get out do some detecting with my wife at another old school site, but we didn't find anything of interest in the short time that we had.

My wife got me a case for my detector and a new coin book. So it was nice weekend.

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep at it your on the right track!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D happy b-day and your wife is the best for getting you hobby stuff that you enjoy now get her a detector and your all set for a date :D :D

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your will find the good stuff if you keep at it. Happy B-Day !

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Happy Belated Birthday Bjorn! Karma, Karma. You did a cool thing and got rewarded for your B Day! How cool is that?

Happy Hunting!

Moon

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Happy birthday & it sounds like your wife is a keeper too. WOW! It can't get much better than that. Welcome back to the detecting fever.
Spotz

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy birthday to a fellow Marylander. You should be able to find a few good places to hunt. Get off the beaten path and your luck may change.

Ed Donovan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread