Weekend finds

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Spent lots of time on the creek this weekend, researching area history, and studying stages of flint knapping. Found no whole points, a few broken ones, and some tools. If you see something that needs to go to the rock pile, let me know :)

Pic #1 & 2-from what I could tell, all show signs of edge work. I found one small piece of a point that the workmanship is unbelievable. Would have been beautiful!

IMG_8746.JPG IMG_8749.JPG

Pic #3-Couldn't tell if these had been worked or if the edges were from years of being in a creek. I think the white, flat top one on the bottom may be something? Also, don't know if the ones with holes are anything. The larger one has an opening on both ends, but I'm still working on getting packed in crud out of it. the smaller one goes all the way through and has maybe an erosion spot on top.

IMG_8751.JPG IMG_8756.JPG IMG_8752.JPG IMG_8753.JPG IMG_8754.JPG IMG_8755.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was pushed all the way down the page! Ill reply so it goes back to the top for you.
Looks like you have been very busy finding some nice keepers.
The rocks with holes I am not sure on maybe somebody else will know more for you.
The flint looks allot like the artifacts I find. Nice saves! rock

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a few pieces that are throw aways but most of it is pretty thoroughly worked or reduction pieces. Definitely some nice side scrappers broken points or blades and looks like a couple thumb scrapers.. just keep going right where you are you will find some good complete points there.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything I should keep/throw to the rock pile?

I keep anything that has been worked. Broken or whole. I figure if I had to bend over to pick it up it is worth keeping.:thumbsup:

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looks a lot like the things I find myself I keep it all there rocks so they don't go bad and later on down the road and you'll look through your stuff and find something nice you may have overlooked !!!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very true.. I love finding artifacts in my house.

OP
OP
hbrown22

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
All the ones I think are neat, but not really anything I put in the rock bed around the pool. Just finished digging out 100+ pieces that I need to re-evaluate... Looks like I'll be busy tomorrow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread