Weekend Finds

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
So last year was mostly about diamonds. This year seems to be about watches. After last weeks gold watch find I followed it up yesterday with a 14K solid gold Omega Seamasters watch along with a 14K Elgin pocket watch. I will post about those later. My watch place is fixing them up and appraising them so I should get them back later this week. In total I found 8.5 oz of silver along with a 10K mens intaglio ring. Most of the silver weight are in the mens rings and Taxco bracelets.

Attachments

• rsz_img_4394.jpg
    rsz_img_4394.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 115
  • rsz_img_4396.jpg
    rsz_img_4396.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 95
  • rsz_img_4397.jpg
    rsz_img_4397.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 99
  • rsz_1img_4399.jpg
    rsz_1img_4399.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 84
  • rsz_img_4400.jpg
    rsz_img_4400.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 91

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s some awesome finds there. Are you getting the watches for scrap for you buying them significantly less.

OP
OP
J

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
I'm waiting on the repair estimate for both. The pocket watch is probably going to cost me a bundle. I've always wanted a gold pocket watch since I was a kid so I will probably keep that one. The gold weight alone on it has to be massive.

The Omega needs a new or polished crystal as well as a new band. Depending on how it looks on me I may keep it.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow. Super finds.Congrats

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jason....for the pocket watch, I would check out this guy: Pocket Watch Repair-Professional Repair Services for Vintage or Antique Pocket Watches

His name is Rob. He was recommended to me by the regulars on a pocket watch forum and repaired a Waltham for me. He was amazing and very affordable. If I remember correctly, final cost was less than the estimate. I also spoke to him on the phone before sending the watch, which made me less apprehensive.

Look at my previous posts. I'm pretty sure I posted before and after photos.

Good luck.....bill

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve used the guy on eBay that charges $95 overhaul on an omega Seamaster twice. So far both have been running great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread