Weekend Highlights

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
The ocean is in a transition phase right now. The waves are getting bigger and rougher and the sand is shifting. Unfortunately, the heavier stuff is being buried too deep to detect. I'm awaiting the big surf (15 - 30 ft.) to create the big cuts in the beaches. Thats when it gets exciting. For now we have lots of shredded aluminum cans, bottle caps and other light debris. Thankfully a few light rings are in the mix. 14k and .925 with mother of pearl inlay. A good thing about snorkeling as opposed to wading while detecting is the neat things you find that are'nt detectable.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 549
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 538
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 540
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awsome looking finds there , wtg on the shells they sure are pretty an the rings definetly dont hurt the show . :icon_thumright:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I agree with you about snorkeling. Sometimes you can also find paper money. But also sometimes it's not the monetary value of some treasure. I know my family and I have picked up many beautiful shells over the years. Everytime we look at them it's like "oh, remember when we were walking in ...? Let's go there again."

I really miss Hawaii. Maybe one day......

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
Nice finds!

I'll be in Maui for two weeks in November, how will the action be then?

HawaiiMDer

Jul 31, 2009
Kapolei, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field and Minelab Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ah i see you went out without me!!!!! Nice finds brah!!!!! Still looking to hook up with you and go detecting. I'll give you a call next week or so. :icon_thumleft:

Ken

OP
OP
Da Sand Crab

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
BareBones said:
Nice finds!

I'll be in Maui for two weeks in November, how will the action be then?

I've never detected on Maui, actually have'nt been there for years. It just depends on the side of the island you're on. I live on the North Shore which has radical ocean changes from summer to winter whereas areas like Waikiki stay pretty much the same year around. If you happen to stop off Oahu for a stretch, let me know. We'll do some hunting.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtg...and the shells are really pretty we have some ugly and I mean ugly shells here, mostly oyster shells and yet people pick them up to take home. I came across a woman once picking up a shell, I told her she might not want to take that back with her, that there was something living in that shell. She looked said she didn't see anything, so I took my lighter and heated it up a tad, and out came the hermit crab, should of seen her face she thought it was a huge spider. Gotta love messing with the tourists.

OP
OP
Da Sand Crab

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
txkickergirl said:
wtg...and the shells are really pretty we have some ugly and I mean ugly shells here, mostly oyster shells and yet people pick them up to take home. I came across a woman once picking up a shell, I told her she might not want to take that back with her, that there was something living in that shell. She looked said she didn't see anything, so I took my lighter and heated it up a tad, and out came the hermit crab, should of seen her face she thought it was a huge spider. Gotta love messing with the tourists.

I never bring them home with living creatures in them... They take forever to die and stink real bad. These usually show up during the summer to winter transition as the sand begins to move. I guess they get swept away before being occupied. They make up for the lack of good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread