Weekend Hunts Produce 103 Coins

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0791.JPG On Saturday I hunted a soccer field for two hours and on Sunday Sue and I spent two and a half hours at the field we hunted last weekend. Totals for both days were 103 coins worth $15.87. We did well on dollar coins, getting three of them. The pennies included a 1957 Canadian and two of the quarters lost a battle with a lawn mower:laughing7:

Upvote 20

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lot o clad... nice finds! How much trash did you end up digging? I usually dig older sites and have to dig just about everything so it's usually a nice bucket full of trash for only a few coins.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lot o clad... nice finds! How much trash did you end up digging? I usually dig older sites and have to dig just about everything so it's usually a nice bucket full of trash for only a few coins.

In addition to having a load of coins, this field was virtually trash free. We dug only TWO pieces of trash....both of them can slaw.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of digging but just as you stated, very little trash so it was well worth it. :icon_thumright:

mikeymetal

Greenie
Sep 1, 2020
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spectacular! I'm working a pretty good park lately, but it'll take several weekends to get through it all.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In addition to having a load of coins, this field was virtually trash free. We dug only TWO pieces of trash....both of them can slaw.
That must have been fun! Most of the time the only reason I go home is because I'm sick of digging trash.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of digging but just as you stated, very little trash so it was well worth it. :icon_thumright:
Thanks.....it was definitely time well spent.

Spectacular! I'm working a pretty good park lately, but it'll take several weekends to get through it all.
Thanks Mikey.....

Nice haul.
Thank you.....

That must have been fun! Most of the time the only reason I go home is because I'm sick of digging trash.
Definitely was fun. One of the cleanest sites we've ever hunted.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! Thanks for sharing!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A fine job! :occasion14:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Ed!! The soccer/ football field I like to hunt just got resurfaced. I’m curious to see what they brought in with the “new dirt”, sam3 thing happened in my diggin’ buddies town in western Massachusetts and he started pull some pretty old silvers out of it. We will see

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job Ed!! The soccer/ football field I like to hunt just got resurfaced. I’m curious to see what they brought in with the “new dirt”, sam3 thing happened in my diggin’ buddies town in western Massachusetts and he started pull some pretty old silvers out of it. We will see

Thanks Bob.....you just never know what the "new" fill will have in it. Good luck hunting it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread