Weekend in reality

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
This past weekend, I decided I needed to get back to reality for awhile. Most call my reality, escaping reality. They have life figured slap backwards. I went out on Buggs Island lake for an over night trip. My dog, my boat and me, that's it.

image-2156691780.jpg

I launched at the two rivers, and went to the dam. I was bass fishing, so the trip wasn't a speedy one. By the time I crossed the VA./NC. line I was pretty tired and the sun was going down. I found a nice place to beach my boat and tie off for the night. I walked a little distance from my boat, so my dog could do her do and I could shake my sea legs off. As we walked, I found a few artifacts. Two blades, a flake scraper, a core, and an abrader.(I think it's an abrader)

image-1023448695.jpg

image-3160111162.jpg

image-685101805.jpg

image-129239165.jpg

image-3476266554.jpg

The abrader, I would like to hear opinions on. It may be nothing.

image-406355415.jpg

image-3206916004.jpg

image-3622603560.jpg

image-956882665.jpg

image-2426235559.jpg

The next morning, we hit the water wide open. I fished a little, but was ready to get back to the ramp and load up. Heading home, I stopped by a field that I had not hunted in a year or so. I found a couple more points, a blade, and a hoe. That was the best weekend I have had since last fall.

image-3992854764.jpg

image-4193304426.jpg

image-346730443.jpg

image-1905421065.jpg

image-4254998758.jpg

image-555532917.jpg

Thanks for the view!!

Upvote 0

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
looks like you had a good time rusty man
you found a few good ones and you got a few that you need to put outside on your pile..........or i am gonna tell your dad

OP
OP
NC field hunter

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
looks like you had a good time rusty man
you found a few good ones and you got a few that you need to put outside on your pile..........or i am gonna tell your dad

Which ones do you question? One piece is posted at multiple angles. The "abrader". The others I'm sure of. Pops agreed with me as well on these. Remember, you guys have much better looking lithic than we do. I still appreciate your looking, and honestly, let me know the pieces that you think are no good.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id pitch the abrader. Looks like a rock. Now I know where you were at when I sent you that so called text, lol. My phone isnt the type to do a text. Thats why all the words run together I dont know how to space them or if I even can.

OP
OP
NC field hunter

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Id pitch the abrader. Looks like a rock. Now I know where you were at when I sent you that so called text, lol. My phone isnt the type to do a text. Thats why all the words run together I dont know how to space them or if I even can.

I really wish I could get a nice pic of that piece. It's impossible and I understand why you guys would call geofact on this piece. If you could hold this one, you would feel the wear. You would also see that more than one size shaft was made with this piece. I try not to post finds like this any more. Some pictures aren't worth a thousand words. I got your message a day late. Had my phone in rod storage.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Which ones do you question? One piece is posted at multiple angles. The "abrader". The others I'm sure of. Pops agreed with me as well on these. Remember, you guys have much better looking lithic than we do. I still appreciate your looking, and honestly, let me know the pieces that you think are no good.

ok my friend rusty

you know i gotta look at them again but not to worry you could post nothing 'no good' i like it all
hey did you give some of the finds to barry?
ok i did not mean or say any were no good......just sayin......you are a friend rusty

OP
OP
NC field hunter

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
ok my friend rusty

you know i gotta look at them again but not to worry you could post nothing 'no good' i like it all
hey did you give some of the finds to barry?
ok i did not mean or say any were no good......just sayin......you are a friend rusty

Larson, you are a friend. You did what friends are supposed to do. You told the truth about what you saw, and I see this piece the same as you, in the pic. In hand, I see a different artifact. I didn't mean I am going to stop posting. Lol! I'm just not going to post artifacts that I feel are without a doubt something, if you guys can't see it. That really isn't fair, and really shouldn't be posted, if it is that rough. Unless I have a piece that I need opinions on, crude ones are cut out. I appreciate every post and the time everyone takes to reply. I could get to return on my threads, and I'd hate that. I need to go see Barry. He got hit by a car, while on his bicycle. Broke him up pretty good, but he's back to walking. It was a hit and run, and my guess is, two drunk drivers are at fault. Lol. Thanks for asking about Barry. He's my buddy.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah everything else you posted has the rite shape but I still say the same one needs to go to the rock pile. You know I wouldnt lie just to hurt you. Its what I see.

OP
OP
NC field hunter

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Yeah everything else you posted has the rite shape but I still say the same one needs to go to the rock pile. You know I wouldnt lie just to hurt you. Its what I see.

10-4. I appreciate the input Rock. I know everyone here has the best intentions. This piece will look nice in the flower pot with my funky palm tree like plant.👍

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ NC how is the pollen in your area? Everything here is yellow. I was going to do a hunt tomorrow but I believe I will sit this one out till we get some rain to wash it away.

OP
OP
NC field hunter

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
@ NC how is the pollen in your area? Everything here is yellow. I was going to do a hunt tomorrow but I believe I will sit this one out till we get some rain to wash it away.

Lord have mercy, what you talkin about! My head has been about to bust for a week now. I have allergies, but I never let them hold me down. You are probably a week or two ahead of me, in the pollen count. Don't let the pollen keep you in, just think about what may be waiting for you. Don't think about what may have been there.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some of those mask you put over your face today just in case I want to try it. Never have I ever used them before but I might use one tomorrow. They are calling for rain but we will see. I hate staying home.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great time and you found some goos stuff.Not sure about the last 3 pics but it is crazy hard to tell on just a picture sometimes. The pollen here is thick and everything is yellow. All the oaks are blooming. The bees are so pollen heavy that can not lift off.,lol. Fresh sour wood honey before to long.

OP
OP
NC field hunter

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Sounds like a great time and you found some goos stuff.Not sure about the last 3 pics but it is crazy hard to tell on just a picture sometimes. The pollen here is thick and everything is yellow. All the oaks are blooming. The bees are so pollen heavy that can not lift off.,lol. Fresh sour wood honey before to long.

Local honey is the best medication for allergies. Local, like within 20 miles.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
NC I'm thinking your reality is right on target. Glad you could get out and enjoy.
Btw, I had not heard of your allergy defense b4 (perhaps because I'm unaffected) ...this ole' boy is keen to know however, so tell us about it.

OP
OP
NC field hunter

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
NC I'm thinking your reality is right on target. Glad you could get out and enjoy.
Btw, I had not heard of your allergy defense b4 (perhaps because I'm unaffected) ...this ole' boy is keen to know however, so tell us about it.

The honey remedy is basically like vaccines that have a small amount of a live virus in them. Eat a tablespoon of local honey every day of allergy season, and it introduces the pollen to your system causing an immunity. It works, honestly! I grew into allergies, rather than out. I remembered the elders talking about these old remedies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread