Weekend PM Spot Prices

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What on earth is going on with the spot prices of silver this weekend? Gold seems to be hanging in with one published spot, but silver, all over the board.

I noticed the little do-dad in my took bar showed silver at $1.27 early yesterday morning. Some quick checking on the net said the Comex had been hacked or something like that. Ever those explanations wasn't all that clear. Then later in the day Kitco showed silver at around $28.27 (or close to that number), figured by then everybody was on the same page. Checked 4-6 other sites. Spot silver was showing up as much as $28.97, $28.62, and all different numbers in between.

I know it's Easter Weekend, but sheezzz? Did all these web sites turn off their computers off and go home?

btw...have you guys seen where Silver Doc's web site has been trashed/hacked and is closed down for the time being?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
There seemed to be some kind of issue Thursday at the close with respect to the spot price. I don't know if that bodes good or bad for prices on Monday.

Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
market is closed.

Untitledil.jpg

I see this happening some weekends & holiays
not sure why, But I don't think any of it is official

UntitledW.jpg

Last edited:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
market is closed.

View attachment 768278

I see this happening some weekends & holiays
not sure why, But I don't think any of it is official

View attachment 768271

This is not simply the markets being closed. It may not be anything but a glitch, but there were some issues in the market with respect to establishing the price late Thursday. Not every market was closed on Friday. Spot market was open like any other day, even though US and other markets were closed Friday.

Metals Dealers Shut Down Sales As Silver Globex Market Price Feeds Fluctuating By Over $1 | SilverDoctors.com

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spot prices are all over the place with dealers, not a good time to buy and I have Fiat to do so. So I'll wait till Monday and see what happens.
Doc's site is back up and running but not fully up to speed yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions