Weekend scouting trip

Nullers

Mar 11, 2007
Ridgecrest, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2 White's MXT
Dad and I went out this weekend to check out a new site in one of our local mining districts. It was a beautiful day although a bit overcast, no wind and nice and warm. Loads of wildflowers in bloom and it looks like it will be a great year for them. We're thinking the site is late 1800's to early 1900's based on the trash we found, soldered seam cans.

The cabin is about ten foot square and the back wall, where the fire place is located, is just over six foot tall. Due to it's location it's in remarkable shape, most mining shacks are destroyed by vandals.

The first two photos are of the first mine, second two are the second mine. We did not enter either one as they both looked a bit unstable. The third set is of the cabin and the last photo is some purdy little blue flowers.

Enjoy and HH all

Attachments

• Mine 1 entrance sm.JPG
    Mine 1 entrance sm.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Mine 1 inside sm.JPG
    Mine 1 inside sm.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 168
  • Mine 2 entrance sm.JPG
    Mine 2 entrance sm.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Mine 2 inside sm.JPG
    Mine 2 inside sm.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Cabin view 1 sm.JPG
    Cabin view 1 sm.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Cabin view 2 sm.JPG
    Cabin view 2 sm.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 167
  • Little blue flowers sm.JPG
    Little blue flowers sm.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 167

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Great pics! Thanks for taking us along. It would be VERY hard not to take a peek into the mines...just a tiny one ;D That cabin is fascinating...all the rockwork is just too cool. Very pretty shot of the flowers too!

S

seger98

Nice photos, reminds me of the mines around Arizona that I've detected. Nice relics to be found around them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread