Weekend

• Thread starter austin_silver_hunter
  • Start date
A

austin_silver_hunter

Well, I finally managed to get a day to myself... hunted twice, morning and evening... morning I hit mostly razed lots... didn't find much at all to speak of coin-wise, but I did find a 1936 wheatie at one spot, and at another this souvenir medal... What I'm curious to know is - was it made in 1895, or does it commemorate a 1895 event...?

In my evening hunt, I hunted a school athletic field... school was built in 1953 I believe, and I've found wheats there before, along with a 1935 quarter, and several pieces of silver jewelry... I'm trying to think of a good name for this place - it has to be the absolute QUIETEST place (target-wise) that I've ever hunted... I'm thinking of calling it my "peace field" because I usually have it all to myself, it's very quiet out there, and I can dig every signal (which I did)... this particular evening I managed to find a nice sterling necklace on top of the ground... no gold, although I did get a couple of nickles, and a lot of junk... 45 pieces to be exact, from can-slaw to pencil erasers; deep, old-school pull tabs; what-zits, and thingamabobs... I KNOW there is a big, fat, juicy gold ring out there, and I'll find it - it's just a matter of time...

Hopefully, a different machine (I don't want to say "better" necessarily, because this lil' Bounty Hunter has paid for itself many times over) will make some difference, because I'm afraid the good stuff is juuuuussst a bit too deep the the old girl...

Anyway, pics to come... have a good one!

Attachments

• regattamedal.jpg
    regattamedal.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, i have a similar one made in 1898, so i would say yours is the real deal

HH
-GC

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello and welcome to TNet!!

Awesome find for sure. Looks like the real thing to me. I am sure some expert here will come along and give you an approximate value. Bet it's worth $15 to $50 at least. Awesome treasure, congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Cool medal! Was that found at the school we were talking about? Way to go, and we'll get together soon for a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread