Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Weekend Silver

I managed to get out a little bit this weekend. It was very hot and dry.

I have been trying a new "Wheatie Program" on the Deus. I am a genius, the program works like a charm. I have never had so much luck finding wheat cents.

Saturday:
I hit a couple of different public spots. I was able to find 5 Wheaties and the top of a ring. It is silver and jade. The stone glows when you hold it up to the sunlight.

Sunday:
I went on ANOTHER of Todd Lipe's "guaranteed to find silver coins" hunts, and again I was not disappointed. Todd used his silver compass to locate a place where the silver coins were literally covering the ground. I didn't want to seem greedy so only dug one Merc, however I did help myself to 9 Wheaties. I also found a little medal badge of unknown significance, if you recognize it, let me know, a mill marble and a clufflink with a "B" on it. I tried to make it into a gold cufflink like Testing123 found, but no such luck.

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Attachments

• IMG_20150711_134343_607-1.jpg
    IMG_20150711_134343_607-1.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20150711_134634_706-1.jpg
    IMG_20150711_134634_706-1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20150712_170626_061-1.jpg
    IMG_20150712_170626_061-1.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upvote 25
Congrats on all your weekend finds. My silver compass is missing, did you take it ? I guess I'll have to go with you next weekend.

Great digs CT. I see you have that new Wheatie program dialed in. Neat little collection of finds sure beats the 420 pull tabs I collected for earth day. Man another mill marble for you too.

Hello Carolina Tom. Very nice digs. I would be happy with a weekend like that. Silver, jewelry, wheats, and relics...sweet. Any old age on the Wheaties? Good luck C9

Hello Carolina Tom. Very nice digs. I would be happy with a weekend like that. Silver, jewelry, wheats, and relics...sweet. Any old age on the Wheaties? Good luck C9

Most of the Wheaties that I get are post WW2... however, this weekend included quite a few from the 20s and 30s. I was at the right place to hunt, more silvers should have shown up, but we all know how that goes...

What's this about a "NEW" wheaties program? For a Deus? How come I know nothing of this. Somebody's being sneaky.

What's this about a "NEW" wheaties program? For a Deus? How come I know nothing of this. Somebody's being sneaky.

I figured that since all I find is Wheaties, I might as well make them the target, that way, I appear to be finding what I am looking for. I have a very cleaverly crafted plan, you see.

Good job tom, that todd is a definite silver sniffer huh? Lol

Good hunting!

That was nice of you settling with just a merc. Lol

Not a bad pile of finds, love finding wheats. Where there's wheats there"s always silver close by.

Really like that partial ring...

All you find is wheaties. Maybe , but now you have? The "Silver Compass"

Oh I just love it. Settling for "1" merc.

Oh I just love it. Settling for "1" merc.

I "heard" a lot of other silver coins in the ground, I just didn't dig them up. I figured that one was enough for me. There is no need for me to dig up 10 or 15 silver coins on one hunt... plus it makes me look greedy! One and done, that's my motto from now on. Ahhh, yes... one and done.

I see a pin/brooch but no ring :icon_scratch: So nice going on the piece with Jade and marcasite setting.

Nice post Tom. Congrats on the bling, the merc and for harvesting a field of wheats. :occasion14: Hope it cools down for you soon.

Nice finds Tom, congratulations !

All the finds are pretty neat, but I really like the silver and jade pc. very nice! Can I borrow the silver compass ?
HH Tom

I was just kidding about the silver compass earlier. Tom just thinks the silver and jade item is the compass. I still have it,just don't work for me. Just those that hunt with me.

I see a pin/brooch but no ring :icon_scratch: So nice going on the piece with Jade and marcasite setting.

It "was" a ring. The actual ring part was broken off, so all that I found was the top of the ring. Here is a pic of the back, you can see where the loop used to be attached.

Thanks for IDing marcasite for me. I learned something new today!

Attachments

• IMG_20150711_082627_570-1.jpg
    IMG_20150711_082627_570-1.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 79

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back