• Saksa pannal ja tääk Tammistust. 25 okt 23.....c..jpg
    Saksa pannal ja tääk Tammistust. 25 okt 23.....c..jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 30

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. I had luck cleaning mine via oxalic acid bath, brass brush, electrolysis, more acid bath, coated it in acetone to dehydrate iron and then 400 grit sandpaper with mineral oil. Wiped off excess oil. Will have to re-apply every so often. Keep in mind if parts of blade edge are completely made of rust they will dissolve and blade edge will be a little jagged. Really depends on type of steel and environmental conditions. 5gallon electrolysis cell pictured running at 6 volts.

Attachments

• 20231020_185622.jpg
    20231020_185622.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Notsu

Notsu

Mar 6, 2013
Walk battlefield
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. I had luck cleaning mine via oxalic acid bath, brass brush, electrolysis, more acid bath, coated it in acetone to dehydrate iron and then 400 grit sandpaper with mineral oil. Wiped off excess oil. Will have to re-apply every so often. Keep in mind if parts of blade edge are completely made of rust they will dissolve and blade edge will be a little jagged. Really depends on type of steel and environmental conditions. 5gallon electrolysis cell pictured running at 6 volts.
Thanks !
Similar is my style :)
Electrolysis for black-metal and oxalic acid to aluminium, cupper, cink, etc .) ....even for leather and paper :)
Now is buckle done, with acid.
The marker there is NOWA on the revers, under the fork .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions