1st day of my season

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my first post of the fall season. The farmer cut the corn in the field that I detected hard last year but unfortunately planted winter wheat, which means in a couple of weeks the wheat will be too high to swing the detector. Gonna have to find a new farm I guess. Anyway, I was surprised to find a few goodies today, was just looking to get out and get the body moving again. Dug 2 coppers, one is slick but the holed copper is going to be a LC. I can make out a few letters of “UNITED” as well as the wreath on the reverse. Couple of buttons, a 1945 wheat, and my find of the day, an 1853 Trime. So weird, I’ve never found a Walking quarter but have somehow managed to dig four Trimes over the last few years. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5741.jpeg
    IMG_5741.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5737.jpeg
    IMG_5737.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5740.jpeg
    IMG_5740.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5738.jpeg
    IMG_5738.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5735.jpeg
    IMG_5735.jpeg
    897.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5729.jpeg
    IMG_5729.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5728.jpeg
    IMG_5728.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Upvote 34

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first post of the fall season. The farmer cut the corn in the field that I detected hard last year but unfortunately planted winter wheat, which means in a couple of weeks the wheat will be too high to swing the detector. Gonna have to find a new farm I guess. Anyway, I was surprised to find a few goodies today, was just looking to get out and get the body moving again. Dug 2 coppers, one is slick but the holed copper is going to be a LC. I can make out a few letters of “UNITED” as well as the wreath on the reverse. Couple of buttons, a 1945 wheat, and my find of the day, an 1853 Trime. So weird, I’ve never found a Walking quarter but have somehow managed to dig four Trimes over the last few years. Thanks for looking.
Nice finds.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! It's extremely unlike you will ever find a "walking quarter" since they never made one AFAIK. You have a good chance getting a seated quarter, or, standing liberty quarter though. :laughing7:

OP
OP
MD Ghost F75

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! It's extremely unlike you will ever find a "walking quarter" since they never made one AFAIK. You have a good chance getting a seated quarter, or, standing liberty quarter though. :laughing7:
Hahahaha, you are absolutely right. For the record, I did mean standing liberty quarter. Good catch lol

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work
Congratulations on your nice recoveries

Gofish73

Aug 30, 2023
Great day, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread