Weigt issue?

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys :)

I'm thinking about getting a used whites MXT as my next detector, however I am NOT a large guy by any means, and I have heard that White's detectors are very heavy. I've also heard that they are very well balanced, so my question to you is "would a guy like me be able to swing a whites detector for a couple hours without getting too fatigued?"
Thanks in advance!
C4C

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes they can be a bit weighty at 4+lbs. Yes they do balance well. Still, after after a couple of hours it can wear on you. But you should still be fine.

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes they can be a bit weighty at 4+lbs. Yes they do balance well. Still, after after a couple of hours it can wear on you. But you should still be fine.

Thank you :)

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone else disagree, or want to add their opinion?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro makes some of the lightest weight detector. But with the MXT you can add a shoulder strap to take the weight off the arm and you just swing it with no weight on the arm. The MXT is a very good detector and easy to learn. Get a sniper coil for it.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MXT is a very good detector, good performance, it's well-balanced but it's a bit heavy, no more than some Minelabs though. A small coil and a short stem length can make a huge difference, but if you are planning to do some hardcore detecting on places with difficult access it may not be the best option.

Take also a look at Tesoros if you like analog detectors. They are light, compact and good performers

good luck!

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I have the v3i and I also own a minelab excal. The v3i is like swinginga feather compared to the excal. If weight becomes an issue (and it did for me with the excal when out of the water) look into the swingy thingy or the detector buddy slings. Both r cheap and take tge weight off your arm and shoulders. Food luck and HH

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the v3i and I also own a minelab excal. The v3i is like swinginga feather compared to the excal. If weight becomes an issue (and it did for me with the excal when out of the water) look into the swingy thingy or the detector buddy slings. Both r cheap and take tge weight off your arm and shoulders. Food luck and HH

Thank you :)

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an MXT and I do find it heavy enough that detecting for longer spells are not as fun as they could be. I'm going to try one of the swingy thingy devices to help that. However, that's the only thing I can say against the MXT, other wise it is a very capable, versatile detector, made more so by the good coils selection that is available.
luvsdux

mouseman

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2013
I have an mxt pro, and I try not to think of weight ,and think about the treasure that's in the ground because, there is a lot of metal detectors out there that are light,and there we are again which one is the best. If you think about it a lot of people have 2, 4, 6, or even 12, metal detectors for lots of reason. But, cann't find the right one. How many more does it take. Myself I'm happy with what I got.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with alot of the replies to ur post the mxt is a great detector & yes it does weigh 4+ give or take an ounce pending on which coil ur using, but it is balanced nicley, however it was said about harnesses they are great if I use my v3i for 5+ hours ill throw my harness in the bag its very easy to use small to put anywhere & its only $25 shipped its the original detecting buddy. When I do use it I can out anythin meaning any detector on it & it honestly makes it weightles swinging any machine with 1 finger all day with ease. Now if weight is still a factor you could alway jump into a deus xp its an unbeleivable detector with many capabilities, hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions