Weird event in Philadelphia suburbs, maybe treasure related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good question. They have some pretty hard creases when "found".

View attachment 1083067

But magically, when opened the vertical crease just disappeared. :dontknow:

It would seem that it is just a magical note or......could it be that the photo was taken prior to folding??? No way.

Another thought was that the paper, is thin or soft. Like, what would be used in tracing. I have no Idea. I was just trying to look at it in all directions.

I do think it's written backwards or upside down. I wrote it out a couple of times trying to figure it out on paper. It is really easy to duplicate, with the way we are use to writing.

Almost too thought out and some of these things were done on purpose to make it harder to decipher. That's even if it can be deciphered and not just scribbles! lol

If the note does say something, It's almost like someone knew about cryptogram solving and intentionally made it harder. Not just something written in code to solve.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh, and in case I'm not the only one trying to decipher this note out of boredom, some curiosity,treasure,and puzzle challenge!lol I change what I said earlier. I now think the first symbol might be an E.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those of you, studying the message, or the paper. I will lay it out and take additional photos. Now I have been told my son is reading this, following along his old man's ramblings. Which makes it, all the more difficult, to admit that I am getting better at using the camera phone. Hear that my boy? But do not take my word for it. See, for yourself. I took this shot while walking Baron last night. Little fella was watching me in the woods. Could be old Rauber from the tall tales, come to life!

20141123_001556.jpg

OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies to the forum. I cannot right the snapshot. I am posting from my phone rather, than a computer. May be I ought to save pictures for when I can visit the library. If you follow.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! lol He has the mask of a robber! He might also be after treasure of his own kind! There are many treasures in life! Not, all are silver and gold!

The pictures of the letter were good! Just hope it's in English! Or that it does decipher into something! I'm kind of "playing" around with it whenever I'm sitting around. It does have me curious, for many reasons, and I like a challenge!

Good luck!! figuring out your gadgets! lol The rotation can be tricky and confusing! Every time I take a picture. The camera or phone does what it wants! I understand! That is a good picture! I'll just tilt my head!lol

No, matter what happened at this place, or what's going on. What I have learned the past few days about so many different topics trying to figure out the letter you found! Sorry, I can't explain what's going on there though.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John288717

Looking at the note I see 21 different symbols?. Since, you have it and have looked at it many times. How many do you think there are? There is one that looks similar to me and I think there is a possibility of 22. I was just curious what you or anyone that has looked at it thinks.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OV ! Now, the Rauber won't fall and Die! Then we might bury him forever!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellas I will not "lol" because I am, too old to do so but I am laughing, just the same. Make no mistake! Thank you for righting the snapshot. Nitric ah you know the tale of old Rauber? Good heavens did the youth publish his collection already. I must have, missed it. That is an old chestnut around here. Now the message, I planned on photographing again because of the paper if requested. Allow me to be frank. I never took too close a look at the letters as, I expected the anthropologist, to do the work for me. A black stroke for academia to be sure. Having said that I am counting, before going into industry I wrote. And am well aware that e is thought to be the letter that occurs the most. Puzzles are not, my strong suit, I cannot be sure.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellas I will not "lol" because I am, too old to do so but I am laughing, just the same. Make no mistake! Thank you for righting the snapshot. Nitric ah you know the tale of old Rauber? Good heavens did the youth publish his collection already. I must have, missed it. That is an old chestnut around here. Now the message, I planned on photographing again because of the paper if requested. Allow me to be frank. I never took too close a look at the letters as, I expected the anthropologist, to do the work for me. A black stroke for academia to be sure. Having said that I am counting, before going into industry I wrote. And am well aware that e is thought to be the letter that occurs the most. Puzzles are not, my strong suit, I cannot be sure.

I think?,I'm on the trail with the note.I believe there might be plenty to work with, it just takes a little time. Hopefully, I can answer some long asked questions of what you saw. I'll dig into it a little harder!

I have a few aimless ideas wandering......I'm dissecting everything I can think of!

Your never too old to LOL, we are too lazy to write laughing though! :laughing7:

Last edited:

tugrad

Greenie
Sep 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well.. its been a long time but sooner or later it was bound to happen. long time for me too. we used to watch tnet just in case but stopped a while back. how can i put this easily john? you talked to the college kid but ill boil it down, or try to. a treasure hunter who died around 1985 buried his collection in the forest by the lake and left clues for his family to find it. he was the founder of a private dark ages or medieval reenactment group. they looked out for the treasure after he died and kept up with the reenactments. the one reenactment you saw is the only one they do thats not from the dark ages. terry is right. they bury gold, frankincense, and myrrh because theyre acting out the magi journey. didnt it occur to you that you saw it on the epiphany? there should be 2 more boxes or containers underground from this year. what you found is the frankincense. check your private messages.

tugrad

Greenie
Sep 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john next time youre at the library look for me. ill be the guy in the reggie white jersey. im there most days. we could of been sitting across from one another last tuesday.

tugrad

Greenie
Sep 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john, reading more.. im jealous. everyone else will be too. weve been swinging in the woods for more than a year and none of us ever found a magi treasure. magi is what our group calls them but we still dont know what they call themselves. we think the first time these guys were seen was in 1973. your bedouins specifically (magi). theyre a subgroup of the reenactors. that report came from a retired police officer. needless to say he didnt file it. look how treasure hunters eat you alive for seeing these things, imagine what cops would do. it was the oldest account we managed to dig up. if theyve been at it for every year since then there should be 123 treasures out there as of 2014, 3 treasures each for 41 years. thats 41 containers of gold, 41 containers of frankincense, 41 containers of myrrh. and thats just what theyre are burying, what theyre guarding is what were actually after. there is a huge hoard out there. the magi treasures are just trinkets in comparison. also were pretty sure theyre buried at random. the big treasure isnt, its all connected. we can find it.

our team has been preparing for contact with the magi subgroup since January 2013. the real wise men were from ancient persia so we expect them to have a iranian language. that is, a language descended from proto-iranian. these guys dont mess around. it looks like some posters have the same idea. bakheet- urdo is in the iranian language family but im sure you knew that. the other possibilities were considering are aimaq, alanian, avestan, azai, bactrian, bahktiari, bajelan, balochi, bashkardi, bukhari, caspian, central sorari, dari, darwazi, dehwari, dezfuli, digor ossetian, dimly, dzhidi, farsi, gilaki, gorani, hazaragi, iron ossetian, ishkashimi, jassic, judeo shirazi, judeo tat, kavir, khotani, khufi, khuzestani, khwarazmian, kohkiluyeh, koroshi, kumzari, kurmanjiki, laki, lari, lasgerdi, luri, mamasani, mazandarani, median, munji, muslim tat, northern kurmanji, ormui, ormui-parachi, pahlavani, pamiri, parachi, parthian, rushani, sanglechi, sangsari, sarikoli, sarli, sarmatian, scythian, semnani, shabaki, shughni, sivandi, soghdian, sorkhei, southern sorari, tafreshi, tajiki, talysh, tangshewi, tat, tati, tumshuqi, wakhi, waneci, yaghnobi, yazgulyam, yidgha, zaza gorani, zazaki, and zebaki. plus all the alphabets in which those languages are written. not a complete list from what i hear which might explain why your friend from from u of p never got back to you. or maybe its just because hes from u of p and doesnt have a clue! but we have plenty of manpower and will be going through them one at a time with the message you found.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now I'm starting to get suspicious.

Keep this about the note !

Last edited:

tugrad

Greenie
Sep 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont let the critics on tnet get you down. some of the loudest are working with us in the field. they keep up appearances here to save face. just wait till were in the paper. its pretty cool. being a part of this is probably the most fun ive ever had. my "assignment" from the head of our team is magi, persian topics so we can better understand that reenactor subgroup. thanks to it ive learned more about history, geography, and religion than i ever would have. im thinking about going back to college to study it for real. check your private messages like i said if you want to join us out there. our #2 probably has your name on a list of people hes interviewed so well know right away. we might have already met, who knows.

tugrad

Greenie
Sep 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff- this is all about the note. its hard to dodge talking about the people who buried the incense and the note, since thats what john came here to figure out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this thread is not bringing back the last one.

keep off topic Discussion in PM's

Last warning before I start deleting

tugrad

Greenie
Sep 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nitric- i dont think john wants to bury treasure, i think he wants to know who buried what he found and why. dont you? theres no need to question how to go about burying treasure. you just dig a hole and drop the treasure in. i think hes more interested in their motivation and if theres more out there. read his story again, thats alot of trouble to go through for frankincense. i agree the note is the key and we are already working on it. i just want to answer his question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread