weird karma story.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I had joined another bank recently and tried to get in good with a particular teller.

I joined that bank as a result of this teller insisting that I needed to have an account to buy the 800 + Ike's she had in the vault. (all the banks are pushing for new accounts around here)

Well after filling out all the paper work and depositing $25 I asked her to keep my number handy and call me if anything good comes in including new coinage.

A week after I opened this account she calls me and asks me to sell her $100 in Ike's back for another customer. I did and again asked her to try and order new Penny's and quarters.

Than I get a call on Thursday and it's her calling and I'm thinking she's gonna tell me she got some rail splitters in.

She again asked if I can sell her some more Ike's ($100) for another customer. And again I ask about new coins. And agreed to make another trip because a branch of my dump bank is only a mile up the road, And I needed to take a dump.... :D This time though I had to actually go to the bank that I sold them too because I already dumped them. They still had them and were more than happy to sell them back to me.

OK here is the Karma part.

I made the bank where I dumped the Ike's happy, I made my new bank happy. They made another customer happy. &

I had to run a package to the post office and dump coins anyway, and when I left the post office I found a credit card in the parking lot.

I called the number on the back of the card (it was a bank card) and explained the situation. The woman who answered forwarded my call to someone else and I got their voice mail. I explained again how I came about the card and left my number.

When I got to the next dump bank to pump my Halves into their machine I found a 1947 Quarter in the reject bin.

When I got to my final destination (the new bank) I get a call, and it's the woman who lost the Credit Card. She lives about 3 hours away and was in the area on Business and must have dropped it somehow but was well on her way home. So she asked if I could send it to her and gave me her address. She also asked for mine and said she would send me something as a reward.
(Hmmm I could think of something, But I digress.)

Anyway. I'm getting rewarded somehow...... Perhaps my reward is the Silver Quarter, or the gift this woman proposed sending me, or the new bank becoming an asset to me somehow, and the other bank maybe becoming more accepting to my Ike dumps. (I always dump my Ike's at the same bank, my regular bank)
In the end I just felt good about my choices all the way around. Like finding the Credit card. Not many people would have gone the way I did, In regards to getting it back to her.

Paying it Forward in the Motor City.

Mojo

Upvote 0

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Great story.

By the way, Ikes bring a slight premium on fee-bay...like 30% or so if you want to fool with it.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very commendable Mojo.....hats off to you!! :notworthy: This world needs more of your kind. :angel7: :angel8:

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
OmegaMan said:
Your Parents raised a good boy.
Your good deed will come back tenfold. :thumbsup:

Mom is proud. She's a saint. And I'm here favorite. :laughing7: there are 9 of us kids.

obediah said:
I hereby crown you the Motor City Silver hunters Saint!

I accept. ;D

joad said:
Great story.

By the way, Ike's bring a slight premium on fee-bay...like 30% or so if you want to fool with it.

I have sold some on eBay but only the better condition coins. No need to get negative feedback for a tiny profit.

TxTim Silvercop & LJ......

Thank you for the kind comments.

Just wanted to share some Sunday inspiration. Hope it's contagious.

Mojo

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
good man Mojo....i did something similar not that long ago....i found this woman's drivers license in the lot at WaWa. i looked around the whole lot to see if it was just one card lost or maybe someone stole a puse and dumped everything but the cash.(that sorta thing happens alot around here). it was the only item i found so i figured it was dropped by accident. so i mailed it back to the person using the address on the license. got a phone call from a local hospital a few days later. turns out the person was a nurse and had no idea she even lost her license. she wanted to meet with me so she could give me a reward. i told her that wasn't necessary.i just hoped someone would do the same for me someday. i "lost" my wallet and all my cards once and it was hell canceling everything and then getting duplicates made was also very costly.anyway a few days later a letter comes addressed to me. its a letter from the nurse thanking me for returning the license. along with the letter is a $50 gift certificate to Chilis. i thought that was very cool of her and figured i got paid back for a good deed. the following week i hit for $3200.00 over a 3 day period on some gambling machines in a private club. ;D
yes good deeds do get rewarded. ;D

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Good story mistergee

I thought with the Drivers Licence you could just drop it in the mailbox and they would deliver it but there is no guarantee that would happen. "You done good son".

Part of my intention with my post is to demonstrate other ways to promote your passion with banks for the Newbies. Show how extra effort can help their hobby by always trying to help and reward those tellers. It could come back to you tenfold.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread