Weird morning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Funny how you can go to a beach that usually you at least find something and then the next few times you go you just don't find anything. Well, that is not entirely true. I did find something. I found the biggest nail I've ever seen. It has to be at least a foot long or longer! I had a heck of a time getting it into my scoop too. I couldn't tell what it was and I guess I just kept pushing it around but finally I got it. Whoopee.

Then I went to another beach where I rarely find anything but I figured... one of these times I am going to hit it big there. But.... not today. I did meet a couple new MD'ers (brothers) One said he likes this forum but I don't know what name he posts under so if you are reading this.... I hope you and your brother did better than I did this morning.

My totals for today.... $1.79 in clad and a big nail and junk. Ah well..... tomorrow is going to be great!

051010.jpg

:wink:

Upvote 0

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

It happens, atleast you can hang your detector with the nail :laughing7: Youll get it next time!

CB

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Well at least that's more coins than you've been finding. Your BIG ONE is coming this year Mums. :thumbsup:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a gutter nail... Is it aluminum?
I think with the price of gold, this hobby is going to get crazy. I ran into 3 guys at the lake yesterday that were talking about how they had to get metal detectors "and find all that treasure"... Mind you, these were guys in their mid 20's and 30's... I tried my best to explain to them that it is about 500 to 1 on treasure vs junk, and that I hoped they wouldnt mind picking up peoples trash..
One guy says, "doesnt your machine tell you if it is trash"... I laughed and told him "no, but it does tell me when it's time to go pee"... His buddy about died..

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you out again Mumzie. You area a treasure. I'll bet it's getting hot on the beaches about right now. And I can't help but remark that crackbadger looks a lot better since his operation. That is him on his avatar isn't it? M :laughing7: nty

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
I found the twin to that nail Friday on a soccer practice field. I think they were used to hold the goal in place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions