Weird N.J.

Spartacus

Aug 17, 2007
Although normally in a magazine format, Weird N.J. can also be purchased in a series of books from the magazine. Each issue is jammed with dozens of weird places and stories ranging from ghosts, ghost towns, UFO's, weird people, historical moments, funny signs, and of course an occasional story on the Jersey Devil. This magazine is not only entertaining for the stories, but shares a wealth of information on places to MD.. Has anyone else read, or used this magazine in this fashion?

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time I saw this post spart. Yeah, I check it out all the time. I also pick up a lot of places to hunt from there as well. Thought I had a good little secret going :laughing7: Oh well, you're far away from me anyways :laughing7:

Last spot I hit from there was a big recreational field that used to house a brothel in the late 1800's. It was about 45 minutes from me near Woodbridge. I got all revved up and even met another t-netter there to hunt. Sadly, I don't think we were the first one's there with detectors :tongue3:

Found some odds and ends, but, nothing special. Cool outing though.

All it takes is that ONE place to work out however :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
njnydigger said:
First time I saw this post spart. Yeah, I check it out all the time. I also pick up a lot of places to hunt from there as well. Thought I had a good little secret going :laughing7: Oh well, you're far away from me anyways :laughing7:

Wow, I really think you forgot about one great invention called the "automobile" ;D I've been to many of those places to just to venture a look, but not to detect.

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
Spartacus said:
Although normally in a magazine format, Weird N.J. can also be purchased in a series of books from the magazine. Each issue is jammed with dozens of weird places and stories ranging from ghosts, ghost towns, UFO's, weird people, historical moments, funny signs, and of course an occasional story on the Jersey Devil. This magazine is not only entertaining for the stories, but shares a wealth of information on places to MD.. Has anyone else read, or used this magazine in this fashion?

Awsome! being a Jersey native, a lot of these places I visited in my younger years (heartbeat rd, clinton rd, shades of death rd,etc)..one story that I hold close to my heart since I grew up in the area is the public execution of Antoine LeBlanc, and how his skin was made ito wallets.. :headbang:

Attachments

• skin wallet.jpg
    skin wallet.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 149

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay! Weird NJ! First read the mags ages ago ('late '80's?) Now I have one of the books that I found in a thrift store. Too bad they have branched out to other states, it was nice being the only weird state : )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread