🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see the question?

Somebody asked:
Q: R these dentures male or female
A: I don't know, I bought them at a garage sale.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see the question?

Somebody asked:
Q: R these dentures male or female
A: I don't know, I bought them at a garage sale.
No I didn't see that. I did wonder where you could possibly find old false teeth?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My Mom's dentures disappeared when the County Ambulance Service transferred her from the Nursing Home to the Hospital many years ago. We suspected that the Paramedic/EMTs were taking them and re-selling the dentures as a lot of dentures seemed to disappear only when patients were transferred to or from the Hospital.

Frank

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where a whole box of dentures is. I like money, but man - I don't want to become known as a denture hawker. It is tempting though.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going to mention that none of what this person was buying had any gold in them. This guy and others who bid against him were all buying used dentures and other teeth from maybe some animal such as I was selling. The Elk teeth cuffs I sold were custom made and set in non-marked 14K gold. I don't think the guy who bought the old dentures won the auction? I just thought it was an odd thing some people buy. Maybe they pull the teeth and refit them and sell them to folks on a budget or something? Everything a dental technician does is a one off custom job.

you are apparently unaware of the numbers of elk that need dentures

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it's legal it's just a commodity.....

I may pick them up if I can get ahold of the guy. When I was first presented with them, I was like uhhh - ill pass on those. I have a lead on some glass eyes as well.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lead on some glass eyes as well.

I see some listed on ebay. I find it odd that they would allow glass eyes, but not allow contact lenses. They say that contacts are considered implants, thus not allowed.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see some listed on ebay. I find it odd that they would allow glass eyes, but not allow contact lenses. They say that contacts are considered implants, thus not allowed.

It is unusual. By their definition, anything you stick in your body is technically an implant - im surprised the dentures are allowed too.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may pick them up if I can get ahold of the guy. When I was first presented with them, I was like uhhh - ill pass on those. I have a lead on some glass eyes as well.
I'll keep an eye out :tongue3: for any old dentures for you. If I see any glass eyes I'll let you know the next time I see you! :tongue3::tongue3::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::tongue3:

blacksheep4289

Aug 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold false teeth a few times in eBay. Sadly, I usually list them at a $50 bin. I've listed as auctions in the past and eBay removes the listing because your not allowed to sell them. Something about a requirement of a prescription to get them. The oddest thing I've sold would be a full prosthetic leg. I've actually sold two! I picked the first up for $100 from a Vietnam vet. He had a new one made that cost Uncle Sam $18k. I figured it was worth the risk. Sold it for $400 a week later. Last one I at a auction for $7. Wasn't in the greatest shape but still got $275 out of it.

blacksheep4289

Aug 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and my top item I find on a regular basis is the dongles for rock band. Usually free - $1 these sell between 15 and 30.

blacksheep4289

Aug 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and my top item I find on a regular basis is the dongles for rock band. Usually free - $1 these sell between 15 and 30.

01.JPG

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
What in the Hell is a dongles?:icon_scratch:

A dongle is ANYTHING you plug into a computer that is isolated, and otherwise unnecessary, but has a code in it to make a program or device work. Often they will include a dongle with an expensive program so if you get the disc from a friend, it will not work, or will only work in Demo mode without the dongle. I do not believe that is a true dongle. I think it is a bluetooth receiver or other signal receiver for the instruments.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if he got these off ebay:
seagull.jpg

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold false teeth a few times in eBay. Sadly, I usually list them at a $50 bin. I've listed as auctions in the past and eBay removes the listing because your not allowed to sell them. Something about a requirement of a prescription to get them. The oddest thing I've sold would be a full prosthetic leg. I've actually sold two! I picked the first up for $100 from a Vietnam vet. He had a new one made that cost Uncle Sam $18k. I figured it was worth the risk. Sold it for $400 a week later. Last one I at a auction for $7. Wasn't in the greatest shape but still got $275 out of it.

I'm curious.... :tongue3: What did you do to sell them?

Bill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not going to get rich, but selling something for ANYTHING that most would just throw away always excites me.

Anyone have other oddities?[/QUOTE]

On the Dallas/Ft. Worth Craigslist, there are several "Want" listings. Two buyers want to buy Lego blocks by the POUND.... They offer $1 to $4 a pound for ones in good condition. :tongue3:

They also want to buy the Lego little people characters, too.

Bill

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread