All Treasure Hunting
That's one for antique road show!

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have been something homemade for working with wool or yarn:dontknow:Just a guess.

Upvote 0

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It almost looks like a Pacific Island Tribal weapon . If it is .... big bucks !!!

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea it may be a weapon, handle, shield and dagger and the end for blunt force. I can see this as a weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First of all it has outstanding patina, so we can safely say it has been used for many, many years.

I think this is some type of primitive tool; perhaps a 'mammy made' seed planter. The farmer/planter would hold the handle, use the pointed end to make a hole, drop in the seed, then use the flat portion to tamp down the soil. The handle opposite the spike end could be used to help put pressure if the soil was hard.

Interesting find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First of all it has outstanding patina, so we can safely say it has been used for many, many years.

I think this is some type of primitive tool; perhaps a 'mammy made' seed planter. The farmer/planter would hold the handle, use the pointed end to make a hole, drop in the seed, then use the flat portion to tamp down the soil. The handle opposite the spike end could be used to help put pressure if the soil was hard.

Interesting find :)
Breezie

I like this idea. I searched seed planters or dibbers and couldnt find a match but I like the idea.
seed planters.jpg

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had thought about a 'Weaving Shuttle' too, but couldn't figure out a place for the thread. I even tried to put it somewhere on a Spinning Wheel, but I abandoned the sewing/thread idea. When I first saw this post, I figured it was some type of tool that someone designed particularly for their special needs. I thought the spike was almost too long to be a 'planter,' but then thought perhaps the farmer/planter had a disability and needed a longer spike. I doubt we will be able to find an exact match since it was hand-made for the user and occasion, but I do believe we can safely say it is a 'tool' and a nice one at that!

Neat find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one for Found on History Channel, a tough one.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread