and page47 "avoid ring herders" not real sure about that last one
anyone else?
Patchy

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Hey Patchy, have you tried page 3? Thats the one i'm not sure of, check my post for the others. Good to see at least two of us are posting here!Page 80 is "A GOOD BEGINNING MAKES A GOOD ENDING"

patchythepirate

Mar 8, 2005
on page 3 I got "well begun I shall done" but that makes me think of the saying well begun is half done...thoughts? Maybe he did that on purpose replaced the words of the saying

I also noticed the upside down sun that is on page 31 to also be corresponding on page 25

I was kind of wondering if he's going to implement the same code of 5 from the last book so that newcomers will have to go purchase the last book? or do a lot of research. I thought maybe if he uses the code since the book deals a lot with circles and reversals maybe the alphabet is reversed?

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Hey Patchy,thanks for responding with your pg. 3 , looks like i'll try it again and see for myself. I may have been using a downward sequence instead of across, or vise versa. For the moment it looks like it's just us here posting but in time I hope the ball will start rolling again. I'm going to try your theory of the reverse alphabet on a few things, it's a good idea!

S

saradarfinder

Is the typo clue worth enough that I have to go find you and tickle you until you pee your pants while trying to say 'uncle'? jp lol..

any luck with the spell symbols?

glad to see everyone!

ppl at twelve think, and I agree, that the direction of the acorns are the way for you to turn the book, such as:
all acorns should point down so if they aren't, turn the book so they are and then you at the correct angle to solve the 'hidden' clues... ;D

K

kentezzz

Hi,

I haven't read very far into this forum nut I have seen a few thing that I can answer here.

The acorns I believe are directions to use with the compass.

The block letters I have already figured out, they are all the letters to spell out the the title of the book.
Write out the letters for each block and then write out Secrets of the alchemist dar, then eliminate each letter from there, I think I heard he did this in the first book.

I hope I haven't told you guy something you haven't already know if I have then I feel like a idiot for not reading further in the forum to see.

If you haven't figured this then I will take my bows nows and no autograph at this time, please......lol

:P

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Welcome Kentezzzzzzzzzz,

Gald to see some new blood on the old forum. Thanks for the refresher on the blocks. Sorry it has been figured , but it is nice to get back to the basics on this as I think on all the forums we are at a brick wall and need to start over . Hope you are in this for the long haul . Carol

K

kentezzz

Hi Carol,
Thanks for the long welcome to the forum.

I didn't know if you in the group had figured that out or not so I thought I would put it out there, since I never saw it in the other web page forums I have seen.

The whole acorn thing had me stumped for a while until I saw the compass not to put that together with the rest of the clues.

What has every one come up with the maps? How about the moon symbols oneach page?

Thanks and can't wait to see what we all can do to help each other.

Ken

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
I is this still going on I have been reading about this stuff and have seen a couple thing from what i ve seen It looks fun

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Erik,

The hunt is still on . Started on 9-26-06and runs for 3 yrs. None have been found yet so dig in . Welcome aboard , Carol

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Welcome Erik, theres plenty of time were only 2 months into a 3 year hunt.I believe it will be a good long time before enough clues are put together to find the first of 100 rings.Cute kids by the way and once again welcome.

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
Thanks for the welcome and complament. I have been looking for the book is it in the kids books. I was going to order it but I wanted it right away. Also I was wondering if there are actual clues from the author or directions on what to do. Or is it all speculation on how it works.

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
erik,

It is actually in the Childrens section of Bordres or B/N, Though I don't know why other than it's a childs story . The treasure hunting is involved , not saying a child couldn't do it though. This time He doesn't give us anything to go on as he did in the last Story/ hunt. It does make this one a little tougher than the last as we are all wandering aimlessly . Go ahead get the book and come back . Carol

P.S. you might want to grab a spare book.

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Erik, The last book was " A TREASURES TROVE " in that book he hid 12(wellactually 14) gold tokens in knot holes of trees, which when redeemed would entitle you to one of 12 gems the total worth of which was over 1 million all were found unfortunately not by me but the thrill of the chase was more than worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread