Welcome home flat buttons.

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its been a few months since I have been able to post due to being in Texas all summer working in a harley dealer down there. I got home a couple weeks ago and have hit some old faviorite spots back here. I was out today and found a couple more flat buttons to add to my collection and the other pics are from Texas finds. The 1892 un centavo was found in texas along with the henry borchers saloon token. I am super glad to be back on tnet and back in WV. The property I hunt here in WV dates back to 1800 and is one of the first settler sites in my home town. God bless and happy hunting.

Attachments

• 302.JPG
    302.JPG
    539.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 303.JPG
    303.JPG
    526.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 298.JPG
    298.JPG
    812.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 296.JPG
    296.JPG
    840.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 308.JPG
    308.JPG
    674.6 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
OP
OP
hdmech71

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More pics

Had to resize a couple pics. This is a pic of the saloon token found in college station Texas. I hit this token with my tool but I am still happy with it. It dates around 1890

Attachments

• henry borchers.jpg
    henry borchers.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 77
  • saloom token.jpg
    saloom token.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 60

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds on the nice buttons. Any time you're digging buttons like that, just about anything could come up with the next dig! The saloon token is a great find. I've only dug one WV saloon, and I did a lot of digging years ago in southern WV.

Cheers,

Buck

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking buttons! The token gets the ole imagination going from days in the Wild West! Great Job!

OP
OP
hdmech71

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Texas saloon token! Would you be willing to post it on Richard's Token Database - TokenCatalog.com for the benefit of the token collecting hobby? Or, with permission, I can.
John in the Great 208

Yes sir I would love it. I turned a friend on to metal detecting while I was there and he hit the ghost town about a month later and found the same token and his is a little better. I was hoping he could post his because it looks a little better than mine . I will try to get him to post his as well. If you want to use the token that is great by me though. Thanks for the kind words.

OP
OP
hdmech71

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds on the nice buttons. Any time you're digging buttons like that, just about anything could come up with the next dig! The saloon token is a great find. I've only dug one WV saloon, and I did a lot of digging years ago in southern WV.

Cheers,

Buck

Thanks Buck , I keep hoping. Thanks to you my button cleaning is getter a little better with each new find as well. (I think). :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread