Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of being able to change my user name if I want. As mine is outdated and a holdover from my AOL days (Back in the ancient days of internet) and was/is short for the 1st Fighter Squadron Fighting Furies (Our mascot was Miss Fury) a unit I was in from Dec 92 to Jan 96.
? ? ? change "user name"... really... ?
I would LOVE to be able to finally have my TRUE user name of ARC... and drop that "A" ... arrrrrrggggg

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We know that change can be a difficult thing. We put off upgrading as long as we could. The old forum software hasn't had any new features or releases in a couple of years. In addition the old software did not support encrypted connections (HTTPS) nor many new technologies that make the site both more secure and much faster to browse.

To sum it up, it was broke and we had no choice but to change. With that change will come some growing pains.... the new software won't be exactly like the old software. We are going to be working over the next couple of weeks to make the transition as easy as possible. We'll be adding features as we go along.

We just got the site up and running after a long day of converting it to the new software. It's not 100% -- In fact, I'd say we are at about the 10% mark. So you'll notice the look changing, some add-ons will be added, and we'll have to implement some of the features that we had custom coded on the old site (banner finds for example).

Please be patient with us as we tackle this gigantic job!

Fixes/Additions
  • HTTPS Certificate Installed/Working
  • HTTP/2 & Gzipped Content Installed/Working
  • Original Poster Flare Added
  • Attachment Image Optimization (Currently Running....)
  • Added the ability to hide signatures (Via: https://www.treasurenet.com/account/preferences)
Priority Issues
  1. Banner Finds System (Need to get it up and running)
  2. Fix Usergroups Banners & Upgrades (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Charter)
  3. Get old Menus going (The Hunt Starts Here, etc.)

The site is running on new hardware and with the software updates you should notice the website is MUCH faster. It also works very well from mobile, which the old software did not at all.
Been here a long time. Not much bothers me any more as long
43952593_1764731386989199_9209115592995373056_o.jpg
as it is for the GOOD!!!

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
We know that change can be a difficult thing. We put off upgrading as long as we could. The old forum software hasn't had any new features or releases in a couple of years. In addition the old software did not support encrypted connections (HTTPS) nor many new technologies that make the site both more secure and much faster to browse.

To sum it up, it was broke and we had no choice but to change. With that change will come some growing pains.... the new software won't be exactly like the old software. We are going to be working over the next couple of weeks to make the transition as easy as possible. We'll be adding features as we go along.

We just got the site up and running after a long day of converting it to the new software. It's not 100% -- In fact, I'd say we are at about the 10% mark. So you'll notice the look changing, some add-ons will be added, and we'll have to implement some of the features that we had custom coded on the old site (banner finds for example).

Please be patient with us as we tackle this gigantic job!

Fixes/Additions
  • HTTPS Certificate Installed/Working
  • HTTP/2 & Gzipped Content Installed/Working
  • Original Poster Flare Added
  • Attachment Image Optimization (Currently Running....)
  • Added the ability to hide signatures (Via: https://www.treasurenet.com/account/preferences)
Priority Issues
  1. Banner Finds System (Need to get it up and running)
  2. Fix Usergroups Banners & Upgrades (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Charter)
  3. Get old Menus going (The Hunt Starts Here, etc.)

The site is running on new hardware and with the software updates you should notice the website is MUCH faster. It also works very well from mobile, which the old software did not at all.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do I vote banner...billb got a gold coin !! Not sure how banners work anymore !! Maybe they are called trophies or something now ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread