Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi from NH. Newbie here. Swinging a Garrett AT Pro. Need to get out of my back yard. Lol
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: New Hampshire for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

ILuvCornbread

Jun 21, 2019
Northern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
In the market
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Greetings to all! Im John from Mississippi. Not exactly gold rush capital of the USA, but im determined to find what hasn’t been found. Its funny how large deposits have been found in all surrounding states but not Mississippi. This year i look forward to covering alot of ground taking samples in every creek i can! Worse case scenario Im surrounded with options! Good fortune to all of you!!!

OzDirtFisher

Jun 22, 2019
Victoria
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000 & Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G'day all, new member intro from Victoria, Australia.
I have primarily focused on chasing old yellow across the Golden Triangle but have recently taken to hitting parks and beach areas for something different.
Looking forward to reading of peoples finds across the world. Cheers all, ODF :hello:

NOX800 19:06:19.jpg

Last edited:

Bonzai

Jun 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI also New here...I amBonnie from Mesa Az and got here because of a youtube video done in the Superstition Mountains. completely heartbroken by the Woodbury fire...BUT, it will make mines that were hidden for decades much more visible. Anyone out here?

SputnikBites

Jun 26, 2019
Vacaville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, and soon getting submersible headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I'm a new member and I've been metal detecting and sort of prospecting for a couple of years. I live in Vacaville California (about an hour east of San Francisco and a half hour west of Sacramento), sort of in the middle of nowhere for metal detecting. I really would like to find more people to both detect with and prospect with, especially closer to me. I spent some time detecting with groups from Sacramento and from Santa Rosa, but have not tried Concord yet. I use a Garrett AT Pro, which is waterproof and plan on purchasing a pair of submersible headphones soon. It seems that everyone around me does better than I do, which is a bit annoying. Not that I'm not happy for them. I mostly enjoy looking for jewelry and gold. I have been hoping to get some opportunities to get into the water more. Trying to get up the nerve to enter the ocean near Santa Rosa beyond my knees since it's quite cold, and to go underwater in the Sacramento and American Rivers in Sacramento, but that I think is even colder. I got up to my chest in the Sacramento River in just a tank top and shorts though, but it was close to a hundred and ten degrees at the time. I've only found one piece of gold jewelry--a gold charm--and I think four or five silver rings. As far as coins, I found a nickel from the 1800s and a penny from 1921. I'm in the process of looking for work, but Vacaville and nearby don't have much in the way of professional or semi-professional employment I don't have a lot of money to travel around, unfortunately at this time. Strong preference for those with positive and friendly demeanors. Thanks!

Hollyw

Jun 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Georgia, I had to register to comment to the person that believes that credentials are not necessary. I like the oak island show.

varungupta

Jul 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site is quite extravagent in its own terms. It looks super excellent but after some refreshments it can be more of a ecstatic one.

SitnDuck

Jul 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad had a metal detector when I was growing up and I believe he had one of the early Coinmaster detectors. I have found one similar to what he had and I was wondering what be a fair price for a Whites Coinmaster 5500/D Series 3 Metal Detector in good condition? The reason why I'm considering such an old detector is because of nostalgia and in memory of my dad.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, New member as of today.
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard SitnDuck! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

My dad had a metal detector when I was growing up and I believe he had one of the early Coinmaster detectors. I have found one similar to what he had and I was wondering what be a fair price for a Whites Coinmaster 5500/D Series 3 Metal Detector in good condition? The reason why I'm considering such an old detector is because of nostalgia and in memory of my dad.
tn_metal_detector.gif
I found the best place to "price check" is to search on EBay for used MD's.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
seacaptain

I am a brand new member on TreasureNet. I am a natural at finding things. I want to contact other members on this site and form great friendships to go look for treasures in the U.S. Can other members contact me on this wonderful site? How do I post something on the forum page? I believe in team work. I am a patriot also.

Hi Seacaptain, you messaged me about a certain treasure and I provided the info that there are posts on this site and youtube has videos on the treasure. When we filmed there along the river, a property owner claimed folks keep coming every so many years looking for it. His land is also on the map I mentioned. I use the old stories and legends and make topo maps which show many of the sites exist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread