Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

seanz

Jan 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, there.Read a lot that "if it is not attracted by a magnet it's probably a meteowrong".Is it true? Have lot of earthly rocks impacted by metrorites. They are grey, sometimes alsh-like, sometimes hard but not attracted by a (usual) magnet. IMG_20210116_203703.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_203703.jpg
    IMG_20210116_203703.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, there...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

graydog009

Jan 19, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
Chuck from socal. I've owned a Tesoro Lobo and used to do some nugget shooting in norcal, I've recently purchased a nox 800, wow exciting and powerful machine. I am looking to focus on coin and relic hunting, and was wondering if any of you could help. I used to have a book that showed current roadways, but had overlays of clear velum with red lines to indicate past roadways. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was called, and haven't had any luck finding anything like it. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Looks to be a nice group here, look forward to interacting.
Be well

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet Chuck! Possibly an online way to see what used to be there. Best of luck with the new detector.

seanz

Jan 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, from Algeria.

tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Sorry, I'm a bit confused, I thought I had introduced myself earlier but it appears the post didn't make it. I'm on a very, very slow connection. Anyway, I'm from Algeria in North Africa. I like nature and open space: the sky, the sea, the wilderness and their treasures, both in the literal and figurative senses. I'm mostly interested in meteorites which I happen to stumble upon here and there- literally.

Wildhorse

Jan 27, 2021
Clinton
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey.....from British Columbia Canada, in the Cariboo region.
Cattle Rancher, amateur historian, and living in the mountains....treasure hunting is a way of life here.

badkharma

Mar 25, 2017
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ya'll. Coming to you from Central NC USA. Long time lurker, first time poster. I found TreasureNet in 2017 when I was going down for my first hunt on the Treasure Coast FL at Sebastian Inlet. I have been detecting on and off for more than 25 years. My first machine was a Garrett GT 500 back in the mid 90's. I soon moved to the White's XLT which I used for more than 20 years. My main thing has been Indian artifact hunting which I have been into for more than 30 years with more than 100,000 pieces in my collection. I have also been a coin collector since childhood, and my position as a manager at a retail grocery chain has made me King of the Coinstar Finds(I have a key to the damn thing). My 9 year old son has an adventurous spirit which has thrust us back into detecting as of late. I got an Equinox 800 two weeks ago and have passed the XLT on to him, hence my renewed interest in TreasureNet. I truly appreciate the information you all post here, and hope to put some of our finds here for your viewing pleasure soon.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Hello, from the Tampa Bay area in Florida. This is really a reintroduction. I first joined in 2008. In 2013, my wife and I moved to Southern California to help take care of some family. My last post was in 2014. Unfortunately, my wife had some severe medical problems that escalated to her passing in 2020 (not covid related). To say it was a rough year, besides the pandemic, I recently decided to come home. 2 hobbies fell to the wayside, fishing and detectoring. I don't have a rod or detector again yet, but I'm working on it. Actually, will have to wait until I can get back to work. I checked and my account was still active, so this is my start returning to metal detecting.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, from the Tampa Bay area in Florida. This is really a reintroduction. I first joined in 2008. In 2013, my wife and I moved to Southern California to help take care of some family. My last post was in 2014. Unfortunately, my wife had some severe medical problems that escalated to her passing in 2020 (not covid related). To say it was a rough year, besides the pandemic, I recently decided to come home. 2 hobbies fell to the wayside, fishing and detectoring. I don't have a rod or detector again yet, but I'm working on it. Actually, will have to wait until I can get back to work. I checked and my account was still active, so this is my start returning to metal detecting.
tn_md.gif
Welcome back Tony and very sorry to hear about your loss.

SAnVA

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2021
Craig County , Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U-Max, and just ordered a new Tesoro Tejon today, 2/16/21
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
New member here from Virginia looking to get back into detecting, it’s been a few years now but I really had the bug a few years back! I love to relic hunt, but enjoy all types of detecting! I’ve owned a Tesoro Silver U-Max for years now and just ordered a new Tesoro Tejon today, anxious to try it out!

DJake76

Feb 17, 2021
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Treasure Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Owensboro Kentucky originally from Indiana. I have been detecting for 5-6 years. Looking to find a local metal detecting group in western Kentucky or southern Indiana. I have a whites treasure pro looking to maybe upgrade as well any info on best detector out there would be great!!

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone.
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread