WELL ALRIGHTY!

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
I just received this email from Mr. Eugene Moore (DNREC). He is the Wildlife Administrator for DNREC. Although not mentioned, I would recommend that you avoid going into these areas during hunting season for obvious reasons. I will forward this to anyone who would like a copy. My email is p.briggs at comcast.net

Mr. Briggs,
I have searched our laws and regulations and I cannot find any provisions in our code that would preclude you from using a metal detector on our state wildlife areas. There may be statute/code restrictions that may apply regarding the possession of any historical items you may find.

Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 11:54 AM
To: Moore Eugene G. (DNREC)
Subject: Wildlife Areas

Mr. Moore,

Regarding my call on Monday concerning the use of metal detectors during off-hunting-seasons in state wildlife areas; could you confirm that there is no problem? My reason for this request is to have a printed record to show anyone who asks while using my detector in these areas.
Again, thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Peter Briggs
Felton, DE

Nice Work, I will be emailing you shortly. It's good to have more info for my folder.
Thank you

i would like one too! very well done! and congratulations to you! i wasnt expecting that reply! ;) :)

hollowpointred, shoot an email to me and I will forward it to you.
p.briggs at comcast.net

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back