well....at least I didnt go home empty handed.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well....at least I didn't go home empty handed.

Hello, as you can tell from my previous post, i found some cellar holes. The fist was a total waste of time...nothing pocketable...any other way to get around the trash problem? I went to a second sight and had better luck. There was a foundation on the site however, other hunters have utilized it as a camp site. i found 8 arrows ( threw out 2 because i broke them), a few cartridges( what a surprise), 11 cents, and the only thing that had anything to do with the original house, the toy shovel ( in upper corner of pic). Sadly no silver of anything else good.

Out of curiosity, how much are these types of arrows...all seem to be lost by the same guy.

enjoy
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_2871_1.JPG
    IMG_2871_1.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 313
  • Copy of IMG_2872_1.JPG
    Copy of IMG_2872_1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: well....at least I didn't go home empty handed.

It's always nice when you find at least something. Don't know about the arrows. When I hunt in trashy areas I try these things in combination, or all at once...

- use discrimination (for instance, cherry pick by discriminating everything but coins)
- use a DD coil so you aren't looking at as large a volume of soil
- use a small coil (for the same reason)
- turn down your sensitivity
- sweep slowly

Or, if you have the time, dig everything and clean out a small predetermined area. Sometimes this is a good idea in a new site so you can see what type of trash you're dealing with.

HH!
TBGO

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

my brother used to hunt.. i think they run about 3 bucks,, there's gotta be some items there,, no ??

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

aluminum arrows go from a low of about 30$ a dozen up to about 70$ a dozen........keep lookin I'm sure you'll find more next time....HH

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ricky1601 said:
aluminum arrows go from a low of about 30$ a dozen up to about 70$ a dozen........keep lookin I'm sure you'll find more next time....HH

Someone lost a lot of money that day....

Thanks
-GC

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Beep Goes On said:
It's always nice when you find at least something. Don't know about the arrows. When I hunt in trashy areas I try these things in combination, or all at once...

- use discrimination (for instance, cherry pick by discriminating everything but coins)
- use a DD coil so you aren't looking at as large a volume of soil
- use a small coil (for the same reason)
- turn down your sensitivity
- sweep slowly

Or, if you have the time, dig everything and clean out a small predetermined area. Sometimes this is a good idea in a new site so you can see what type of trash you're dealing with.

HH!
TBGO
Thanks, i look for a smaller coin....how much do they improve you finds in a trashy area

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000

Glad to see you got out GC.Dont loose hope on the"good finds".Youre persistance is gonna pay off.Theres probably some good stuff at your cellar holes but I know some of these can be overgrown party spots difficult at best to detect.Ever have any luck finding a club in your area??....H.H....joe

S

southbound

Glad to hear you could get out and have some fun. The good finds will come too.
Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions