Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got up this morning and it was a sunny beautiful day. Went over to my dad's and helped him with his new mailbox for hi new house and put my name on his old one. Made plans to move a few of his things up to the new house this evening and hurried home to do a few things. Got home and it clouded up quickly and then the heavy thunderboomers kicked in. Yeah, the heavy rain followed and it is still raining. I haven't kept up with how much rain we have received in the last 30-40 days but it has been plenty for sure.

My dad's road up to the house keeps washing away and he has to keep repairing it. He has 3 culverts to put in but it hasn't stopped raining long enough to put them in. So the rain keeps setting everyone back on moving stuff, it is what it is. was hoping to be moved by now but it will be another month or so at this rate. Haven't been able to go detecting yet but I figure that every hole would fill up with water immediately like at the beach LOL.

For as much rain as we have gotten here, I feel for those back east, they may start building their homes on stilts. I watched a guy hurrying about mowing his place this morning and it is a big one. Normally no one is mowing at this time of the year for fear of fires but if he could have waited a little longer, he could have baled hay. I am sure that some of you are screaming for rain somewhere and I wish that we could send you some of this but we can't. I'm gonna need a bigger boat!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
He where we are, a rain would be nice to put it mildly.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Dirtlooter please send all the rain you can to California. Too many fires and not enough rainwater.
Good luck on the move.
Rusty

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
this summer we have gotten way more rain than we usually get in Atlanta. It is like five or six days of rain, either light or hard and 2-3 days off and the cycle repeats. Usually no rain in the am until about 3 pm and the thunderstorms start kicking in. But no bone dry hard to dig Georgia red clay to try to dig in. That stuff in a dry summer is like concrete. I am not kidding. Just ask any other detectorist from Georgia. Not so bad in the woods but in fields that are not plowed you just have to wait until the winter rains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread